Name: Charles Edwin PAMMENT , Jr
Birth: BET JUL AND SEP 1848 in Denston, Suffolk, England 1
Death: 9 FEB 1904 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England 2 of Possibly a railway accident
Occupation: BET 1872 AND 1876 Engine cleaner/Fireman on Great Eastern Railway 3
Occupation (2) BET 1887 AND 1891 Engine driver/Railway foreman 4
Occupation (3) 1871 Engine fitter/Cherry Hinton, Cambs. 5
Birth registered 1848 3rd quarter (Jul/Aug/Sep), Risbridge district.
Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page
Pamment Charles Edwin Risbridge 12 415
Name Est Birth Year Birthplace RelationshipOccupation
Charles E Pamment 1826 London, MiddlesexHead/WidrShop Keeper
Charles E Pamment 1849 Denston, SuffolkSon
Stephen Carter 1842 Denston, SuffolkSonWatchmaker
Authur P Pamment 1851 Denston, SuffolkSon
Anna E Pamment 1857 Denston, SuffolkDaughter
Sarah A Pymar 1841 Wickhambrook, SuffolkNieceHousekeeper
Civil parish: Denston
Street address: Wickham St
Source information: RG9/1125
Registration district: Risbridge
Sub-registration district: Wickhambrook
ED, institution, or vessel: 11
Household schedule number: 68
GSU Number: 542758
- 1871 census for Cherry Hinton, Cambs. has Charles E. Pamment, age 23, engine fitter, born Denston, Suffolk living with parents on High Street.
- 1881 census
Dwelling:23 Northgate Rd
Census Place:Bury St Edmunds St James, Suffolk, England
Source:FHL Film 1341446 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 1844 Folio 35 Page 26
Charles PAMMENTM32 MDenston, Suffolk, England
Jane PAMMENTM29 FCherry Hinton, Cambridge, England
Occ:Railway Firemans Wife
George PAMMENT 8 MBury St E, Suffolk, England
Florence PAMMENT 7 FBury St E, Suffolk, England
Herbert PAMMENT 4 MBury St E, Suffolk, England
Fred PAMMENT 3 MBury St E, Suffolk, England
Harry PAMMENT 2 MBury St E, Suffolk, England
Walter PAMMENT 1 MBury St E, Suffolk, England
Rosa PAMMENT 7 wFBury St E, Suffolk, England
1891 census for Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk has Charles Edwin Pamment, Jr. living at #9 Outnorthgate St., age 42, occupation Engine Driver. Wife Jane (40), father Charles Edwin Pamment Sr. age 63, "border" and occupation is retired railway worker. Also the following children:
George (18) draper, porter;
Florence Kate (16);
Herbert Arthur (14) butcher;
Frederick Wm. (13);
Harry Charles (12) scholar;
Walter Ernest (11) scholar;
John William (8) scholar;
Emma Jane (4) and
Sidney Frank (1).
1901 Census for Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk Address: 91 Springfield Rd.
Name Age in 1901 Birthplace RelationshipOccupation
Charles E Pamment 52 Denston, Suffolk, England HeadRailway Engine Driver
Jane Pamment 49 Cherry Hinton, CambridgeshireWife
Florence Pamment 26 Cambridge, CambridgeshireDaughter
Arthur Pamment 23 Bury St Edmunds, SuffolkSonInsurance Agent
Emma Pamment 14 Bury St Edmunds, SuffolkDaughterDressmakers Apprentice
Sidney Pamment 11 Bury St Edmunds, SuffolkSon Scholar
- 1901 census. PRO Reference Number RG13 Piece 1754 Folio 102 Page 39 Schedule Number 234 Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Writing in an e-mail on 5/20/2000, Sue Ayre stated: "Rumor has it that Charles Edwin senior left all his estate to Charles Edwin junior and as a result a rift developed between Charles and his brother Arthur, who until then had been very close. My grandmother and her brothers and sisters were told to have nothing to do with their cousins, so although they grew up in Bury St. Edmunds the gulf between them meant that contact was lost over the years."
According to information received by Jon Garvey (UK) from the Society of Genealogists in London - Charles Edwin Pamment b 28/4/1848 Bury St Edmunds, train driver on GER. Killed on railway 9/2/1904.
Father: Charles Edwin PAMMENT , Sr b: ABT 1829 in London, Middlesex, England
Mother: Sarah Pattle CARTER b: ABT 1816 in England
Jane LINSEY b: ABT 1851 in Cherry Hinton, Cambs. England
19 SEP 1872
in St. John's, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Banns were also published in Cherry Hinton, Cambs. parish register....the home parish for wife Jane Linsey. 25 Aug 1872 Pamment, Charles Edwin bac of St. John's Bury St. Edmunds and Jane Linsey sp otp." (bac = bachelor; sp = spinster; and "otp" = of this parish.)
Marriage from St. John's parish register, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England:
19 SEP 1872
Charles Edwin Pamment 24 bac engine cleaner, 27 Tayfen Rd. son of Charles Edwin Pamment engine cleaner - Jane Linsey 21 sp of Cherry Hinton, Cambs. dau of John Linsey gardener.
Name: Linsey, Jane & Pamment, Charles Edwin
Record Type: Marriages
District: Bury St Edmunds
- George Edwin PAMMENT b: 22 JAN 1873 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Florence Kate PAMMENT b: 11 JUN 1874 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Rosa Jane PAMMENT b: 20 SEP 1875 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Herbert Arthur PAMMENT b: 15 OCT 1876 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Frederick William PAMMENT b: 12 FEB 1878 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Harry Charles PAMMENT b: 1 APR 1879 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Walter Ernest PAMMENT b: 4 MAR 1880 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Rosa Jane PAMMENT b: 11 FEB 1881 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- John William PAMMENT b: 16 SEP 1882 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Bertie Thomas PAMMENT b: 29 APR 1885 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Emma Jane PAMMENT b: 18 APR 1886 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Bertie Frank PAMMENT b: 1 AUG 1887 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Sidney Frank PAMMENT b: BET JAN AND MAR 1890 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Lily May PAMMENT b: 27 NOV 1890 in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Title: 1871 census for Cherry Hinton, Cambs. and birth registration.
Note: 1871 census for Cherry Hinton, Cambs. and birth registration.
- Title: Email from Jon Garvey dtd 8/31/2001 - Society of Genealogists info
- Parish Register for St. John's, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England.
- Parish Register for St. John's, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England. Baptismal entries for children those years listed trade. Also 1891 census for Bury St. Edmunds.
- 1871 census for Cherry Hinton, Cambs.