Name: Anne Aylett
Given Name: Anne
Birth: ABT 1738
Death: 12 Dec 1768 in , Westmoreland Co., Virginia
Burial: Nominy Church, Westmoreland Co., Virginia
! (1) "Virginia Vital Records from the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, the William and Mary College Quarterly, and Tyler's Quarterly" (Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1984), "Inscriptions on Old Tombstones in Westmoreland and Northumberland Counties," p.548. Cites: (a) Inscription recorded in the papers of Hon. Richard Henry Lee, in Dr. E. Jennings Lee, "Lees of Virginia."
Change Date: 11 Nov 2009 at 00:00:00
(2) "1658-1758 Charles County MD Familes "The first 100 years": Wills, Court, Church, Land, Inventories & Accounts," by Michael Marshall (http://wc.rootsweb.com, mrmarsha database, 5 Dec 2008).
(3) "The Harrington, Clubine, Benthey & Lee Families + Our Six Degrees of Separation Families," by Pat (http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com, pharrington database, 15 Apr 2009). Cites: (a) "Lee of Virginia 1642-1892," by Edmund Jennings Lee (1895).
! Birth: (1) d/o Capt. William AYLETT/Elizabeth ESKRIDGE. Younger of 2 daughters. (1a) Age 30 at death on 12 Dec 1768 [b. 1738].
Marriage to Richard Henry LEE: (1) (1a) R.H. LEE. (3) 3 Dec 1757. Nominy Church, Nominy Creek, VA.
Death: (1a) 12 Dec 1768.
Burial: (1a) Nominy Church, on Nominy Creek, Westmoreland Co., VA. The building was destroyed by the British in 1814. At that time, the inscription read, "Sacred to the Memory of Mrs. Ann LEE, wife of R. H. LEE. This monumnet was erected by her Afflicted husband in the year 1768. Refl;ect, dear reader, on the great Uncertainty of human life, since neither esteem, temperment nor the most amiable goodness could save this excellent lady from death. In the bloom of life. She left behind her four children, two sons and two daughters. Obiit 12th December 1768, aet 30. Was there so precious a flower But given us to behold it waste, The short-lived blossom of an hour Too nice, too fair, too sweet to last." She was buried in the old burial ground under the hills at Mount Pleasant.
(2) 1744, 29 Mar: William AYLETT made his will. Land and mill in Westmoreland and land in Fairfax to Anne and Mary her children.
Father: William Aylett b: ABT 1703 in , Westmoreland Co., Virginia
Mother: Elizabeth Eskridge b: ABT 1716 in Sandy Point, Westmoreland Co., Virginia
Richard Henry Lee b: 20 Jan 1732 in Stratford, Westmoreland Co., Virginia
3 Dec 1757
in Nominy Creek, Westmoreland Co., Virginia
- Thomas Lee
- Ludwell Lee b: 13 Oct 1760
- Hannah Lee
- Mary Lee b: 28 Jul 1764 in , , Virginia