Name: Elizabeth Stiff
Birth: ABT 1790 in , , NJ
SOURCE: Robert Moore, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada, email@example.com, received Nov 2006.
"John Stiff of Sussex Co., NJ & some of his Descendants"
SOURCE: Robert G. Moore, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Stiff probably came to America about 1756. There was a John Stiff who arrived from England on the Dolphin at Annapolis, MD in April 1762. Don't know if this is our John Stiff. Our John married Mary Scott, likely in NJ about 1776.
The Stiff History states John Stiff had 10 ch.
Probable children of John Stiff & Mary Scott:
1. Richard, B: 20 Sep 1777, M: Abt 1802-03, Sarah Bell, she was B: 11 Sep 1782.
2. John, B: 1779-1789. He M: 11 Jul 1808, Jane Bell, sister of Sarah Bell, above, she was B: 20 May 1790.
3. Martin Stiff, B: 5 Oct 1781, Hackettstown, Hope TWP, he M: 1802, Elizabeth McGregor.
4. William, B: 25 Aug 1783, he M: Bef 1810, Elizabeth Hodge and had 4 ch.
5. Ann, B: Abt 1876, M: 28 Jan 1806, John Farnsworth, son of Robert Farnsworth & Frances in Sussex Co., NJ.
6. Benjamin, B: 1791, Green TWP, Sussex Co., NJ, M: 3 Aug 1815 to Sarah Snider. Benjamin D: 20 Feb 1875 in Byram TWP, Sussex Co., NJ. His death record records his father as John Stiff.
7. Adam, B: 1796, D: 10 Oct 1874 at Andover, Sussex Co., NJ.
Another possibility is following:
8. Elizabeth, B: Abt 1790, M: 14 Nov 1812 to David Barron in Sussex Co., NJ.
Father: John Stiff b: 1750 in , , , England
Mother: Mary Scott b: 1750