Name: Hiram Critchfield
Birth: BEF. 1780 in Tennessee
Death: BEF. 1833 in Perryville, Boyle (Mercer) County, Kentucky
Burial: Near old Presbyterian Church, Perryville, Boyle County, Kentucky
Residence: 1/2 mile west of Faucett, Buchanan County, Missouri
The Amos Critchfield Cemetery is on the old Critchfield home place in Boyle County, Kentucky. There are about 12 graves there. Hiram and Sallie Critchfield lived near Tazwell, County Seat of Claiborne County, Tennessee. He was a farmer and owned a good farm in the Powell River Valley. They left their farm there and moved with their family sometimes after 1828 to Kentucky. (The eldest daughter, Massa, married 2-24-1828. She was left in Tennessee and never saw her mother again.)
Hiram Critchfield located on a farm near Perryville, Ky. (Think Mercer Co., at that time), now Boyle Co., where he resided and engaged in farming until his death. The farm is now owned by George and his wife Maggie Lou (White) Crain, great grandson of Hiram and Sallie Critchfield. Hiram and Sallie Critchfield were buried at Perryville by the corner of the Old Presbyterian Church, the church was torn down and moved away. The church was in the southeast corner of the Cemetery near the little gate in the old part.
This was written by Mary A. (Brady) and Martin Critchfield.
Children of Hiram and Sallie Critchfield:
(1) Massa Critchfield , b.1808, d. 11-23-1897, m. 2-24-1828 to William D. Dunsmore
(2) Lucinda Critchfield b. ?, never married. Lived with her brother Amos. b. Perryville Ky.
(3) Margaret Critchfield, married Henry Dear, 1 son, maybe more, went to California.
(4) Amos Critchfield, b. 2-14-1817, d.12-26-1891, m. Sarah Lynch Crain, had 9 children
(5) Hiram Critchfield Jr., never married
(6) Gincy Critchfield, married Mr. Derr or Bill Barnes
(7) Sallie Critchfield , married, Mr. Cranfield, they went west.
(8) William Critchfield married Gennettie Potts near Perryville, Ky. Went to Kansas. Located in the southern part near Burlington. They died there.
(9) Martin Critchfield (Author of this List) married Mary A. Brady near Perryville Ky. d. 10-3-1895, buried Faucett Cemetery, Faucett, Mo., they went to Mo.--lived near Faucett. Martin was the youngest of 9 children. He was the first to be buried in the Faucett Cemetery.
Sallie b: in Tennessee
- Massa Critchfield b: 1808 in Claiborne County, Tennessee
- Gincy Critchfield b: BET. 1809 - 1818
- Sallie Critchfield b: BET. 1809 - 1818
- William Crutchfield b: ABT. 1811 in Tennessee
- Hiram Critchfield , Jr. b: ABT. 1816 in Tazewell, Claiborne County, Tennessee
- Lucinda Critchfield b: ABT. 1816 in Tennessee
- Amos Critchfield b: 14 FEB 1817 in Tazewell, Claiborne County, Tennessee
- Margaret Critchfield b: 16 JAN 1816 in Tennessee
- Martin Critchfield b: 14 MAY 1820 in Near Tazewell, Claiborne County, Tennessee