Name: Nathaniel Mooers
Given Name: Nathaniel
Birth: 20 Feb 1791 in Blissfield, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
Death: 1848 in Blackville, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
1. Cemetery Records Sebec Historical Society/Town Hill Farm Cemetery, Angove.
Change Date: 19 Apr 2008 at 17:28:33
2. VR New Brunswick/Bangor Public Library V6 pg 438: Shows marriage betweeen Benjamin Mountain and Sarah Moores of Blissfield, d/o Nathaniel Mooers 6 Aug 1835. Records in both Milo and Sebec indicate that many Mooers families came to Milo and Sebec from NB, some state b. Blissfield. See Jerusha Mooers for further details of above marriage.
3. VR New Brunswick Canada/Bangor Public Library Vol 6 pg 438 1835: These volumes contain marriages, deaths, etc. from NB newspapers 19 Aug 1835 m Blissfield Miramichi 6th inst (6th of the current month) by Robert Doak, Esq. Benjamin Mountain, formerly of St. John/Sarah d/o Nathaniel Moores of that place NBC.
4. Fed. Census Sebec ME 1850 108/108 age 74 b. NB. In household of Thomas Mooers.
5. Bill Donald e-mail 11-15-1999: Cites a book entitled 'Over the Portage' by William R. McKinnon, Jr. which has information on families that left Miramichi in the 1840's. He shows: Mooers, Nathaniel - - probably son of David and Hannah Mooers of Queensbury; married Rebecca, dau. of Lewis and Sarah (Crabtree) Mitchell; children: Hannah (1810), Sarah, Susannah, Thomas (1819), John (1822), Jerusha (1824), Nancy (1824), William (1825), Charles N. (1836, d. before 1850). Rebecca Mitchell Mooers died Milo ME after 1850. See David Mooers for more notes.
6. Report from Daniel Mooers 11-13-2000: Descendants of Peter Mooers; this report gives the same information shown above, but lists children as Susannah, Mary Jane, Charlotte, Hannah, Sarah, Jerusha, Thomas, Nancy Ann, John, William, Eliza, Emeline, and Charles Nathaniel.
7. In Oral History, Myrna Ricker gave information that a child named 'Ranes' was born in 1821, and went west. No other source gives that child; but three sources give a child named Nancy Ann born in 1821.
8. Register Report/Joseph Pehoushek: He shows that Nathaniel died in Blackville NB 1848; 1850 Census record 1850 in Sebec ME contradicts by showing Nathaniel and Rebecca in the household of their son Thomas, Nathaniel age 74.
Father: David Mooers b: 1765 in Maugerville, Northumberland, NB Canada
Mother: Hannah Smith
Rebecca Ludlow Mitchell b: 7 Dec 1793 in Gagetown, , New Brunswick, Canada
1 Aug 1810
in Ludlow Parish, Northumberland, NB Canada 1
- Hannah V. Mooers b: 24 Jul 1811 in , NB, Canada
- Sarah Mooers b: 12 Jul 1812 in Ludlow Parish, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- Susanna Mooers b: 27 Aug 1815 in Miramichi, NB, Canada
- Jerusha Mooers b: 7 Feb 1817 in Miramichi, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- Thomas Mooers b: 4 Feb 1819 in Blissfield, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- Nancy Ann Mooers b: 13 Jul 1821 in Blissfield, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- John Mooers b: 1823 in , NB, Canada
- William W. Mooers b: 17 Jul 1825 in Blissfield, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- Mary Jane Mooers b: 1828 in , NB, Canada
- Eliza Herse Mooers b: ABT 9 Feb 1830 in , NB, Canada
- Emeline Rebecca Mooers b: 5 Dec 1831 in Miramichi, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- Charlotte A. Mooers b: 19 Oct 1833/1834 in , NB, Canada
- Charles Nathaniel Mooers b: 21 Dec 1835 in Blissfield, Northumberland, New Brunswick, Canada
- Deborah Mooers b: 9 Nov 1838 in , , NB Canada
- Title: Oral History
Author: Myrna Ricker