Name: Regemelech Cushing
Birth: 23 Oct 1746 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts 1 2 3 4
Death: 30 Jul 1823 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Regemelech Cushing (1746 - 1823) married Sarah Farrar in April 1768 (Intentions published 13 February 1768).
Title: Regemelech Cushing (1746 - 1823)
Military: Regemelech served all through the Revolutionary War; in a descriptive list of men he is mentioned as 5 ft. 9 in. in stature, brown complexion, hair light brown, eyes gray, occupation seaman, and residence Weymouth.
Cushing, Regemelech, Braintree (also given Weymouth). Private, Capt.
Seth Turner's (Independent) co.; enlisted May 13, 1775; service, 8 mos. 1 week 1 day; enlistment, 8 months; also, descriptive list of men raised in Suffolk Co., agreeable to resolve of April 20, 1778, returned as received of Maj. Stephen Badlam, at Dorchester, June 29, 1778, to be delivered to Brig. Jonathan Warner, Commissioner, at Fishkill, by Sergt. Ebenezer Brown of Col. Bailey's regt.; Capt. Ward's co., Col. David Cushing's regt.; age, 32 yrs.; stature, 5 ft. 9 in.; complexion, brown; hair, light brown; eyes, gray; occupation, seaman; nationality,American; residence, Weymouth; engaged for town of Weymouth; also, list of men raised in Suffolk Co. for the term of 9 months from the time of their arrival at Fishkill, returned as mustered by Henry Rutgers, Jr., Deputy Muster Master, dated Fishkill, Aug. 1, 1778; arrived at Fishkill July 9, 1778; also, Private, Capt. Theophilus Wilder's co., Col. Ebenezer Thayer's (Suffolk Co.) regt.; enlisted July 22, 1780; discharged Oct. 29, 1780; service, 3 mos. 11 days, travel included, at Rhode Island; company raised to reinforce Continental Army for 3 months.
Father: Thomas Cushing b: 4 Jun 1721 in Hingham, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Mother: Tabitha Pratt b: 3 Jan 1725 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Sarah Farrow b: 2 Jul 1748 in Hingham, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Married: Intentions posted 13 Feb 1768
in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Thomas Cushing b: 5 Nov 1768 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Zenas Cushing b: 22 Apr 1770 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Sarah Cushing b: 15 Jul 1772 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Regemelech Cushing Jr b: 1773 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Abigail "Nabby" Cushing b: 27 Sep 1778 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Chloe Cushing b: 1782 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Son Cushing b: 1787 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Tabitha Cushing b: Bef 2 Dec 1787 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts c: 2 Dec 1787 in North Church, Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Ebenezer Cushing b: 21 Sep 1788 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts c: 21 Sep 1788 in North Church, Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Title: GENEALOGY OF THE CUSHING FAMILY
Author: James Stevenson Cushing
Publication: The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905; First Edition, 1877, by Lemuel Cushing (Finished by his family)
An account of the Ancestors and Descendants of Matthew Cushing who came to America in 1638
Page: pg 74, 144
- Title: Vital Records of Weymouth, Massachusetts to the Year 1850
Author: F Apthorp Foster
Publication: NEHGS, Boston MA 1910
Page: Births pg 89 ; Marriages pg 58 ; Deaths pg 262
- Title: Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors in the War of the Revolution.Vol 4
Author: Secretary of the Commonwealth
Publication: Boston, MA, USA: Wright and Potter Printing Co., 1896
- Title: FamilySearch: International Genealogical Index v5.0
Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Publication: 2008 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.