Name: John BAILEY
Birth: BET 1748 AND 1750 in Westmoreland Co., VA
!Source: "Early Settlers of Lee Co., VA", p. 30. "John BAILEY was
living in Sullivan Co., TN, from 1777-1789, [and] he was in Hawkins Co., TN
in 1792. He later removed into Lee Co., VA, where he resided until after
1797 and then went into Knox, now Harlan Co., KY, where he and his
brother Carr settled on Cumberland River and lived the remainder of their
-Known as "John, Sr." in court records. -Appears in 1830 Census,
Harlan Co., KY., so died after that.
-He served in the American Revolution and was made Captain.
-There may have been more children than those listed.
-Appeared on the Lee Co., VA tax list in: 1795, with 1 white above 16,
and 3 horses., 1796, with 1 white above 16, and 4 horses., 1797,
Constable, no personal property tax and 2 horses.
Father: John BAILEY
Mother: Catherine WRIGHT
- John BAILEY b: 1773 in Washington Co., Va/ Washington, Rappahannock Co., VA
- William R. BAILEY b: BET 1775 AND 1777 in Tennessee
- Nancy BAILEY b: ABT 1780 in Tennessee
- Sarah Jane BAILEY b: ABT 1782 in Tennessee
- Andrew Jackson BAILEY b: 6 JUL 1792 in Tennessee