Name: Jeanne Crevier
Birth: ABT 1636 in Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France
cont from Pierre Boucher notes about:
End of the second generation
Explanations regarding references and cited sources:
(1) Les Mémoires de M. Boucher (Memoirs of ) were published in part in the B.R.H. 1926, No.7, p.398 etc.
(2) Mgr Cyprien Tanguay : Dictionnaire généalogique des familles canadiennes, Vol. 1, page 71.
(3) Pierre Dupas, sieur du Braché, son of Jean and Jeanne Legendre, of Champagne. Officer in the Carignan regiment. On November 3rd 1672 he was holder of the fiefdom of l'île Dupas, adjacent îles and lands of the Chicot river on November 3rd 1672. It appears that he was fur trading before this date. In July 1669 he was assaulted along with his two valets, Etienne Clémenceau dit Lachenaie and Pierre Dupineau, by natives. The native were killed except for one who was arrested in Sorel. The Sovereign Counsel deliberated on this affair of the seized pelts at sieur Dupas... the sentence remained unsolved. He married on November 7th 1677 in Québec, (RJ), Charlotte Denis daughter of Simon and Françoise Du Tartre. Becquet wrote up the contract the day before. He died on December 20th 1677, after 44 days of marriage. He was buried on December 22nd in Sorel. The Notary Antoine Adhémar processed the inventory of his estate from October 10th to October 15th 1678. Aubert de la Chenaye who was his creditor took possession of the land which he sold on November 10th 690 to Louis Dandonneau and to Jacques Brisset, for about 1500 pounds. No offspring. These notes come from the Dict. généalogique. of René Jetté, Invent. des concessions en fief et seigneurie. (Inventory of fiefdom and seignoiry concessions) of P.G.Roy, Dict. Lejeune, B. Sulte: Hist. des Canadiens Français, Jugements et délib. du Conseil Souverain (Judgments and Deliberations of the Sovereign Counsel), Histoire de (History of )l'île Dupas of V. Plinguet and S. Laport
(4) Raymond Blaise des Bergères, officer in the troops accompanyed the marquis de Denonville in 1685. He had married Anne Richard de Groigny in 1677 in France. (RJ). She died in a shipwreck, while coming to join her husband. He was commandant at Chambly (1689 to1696). He remarried in Montreal on November 8th 1694 to Jeanne-Cécile Closse, widow of Jacques Bizard. She died in 1700. His third marriage occurred in Sorel on November 23rd 1709 to Marguerite Vauvril, widow of Lambert Boucher, sieur de Grandpré. Mr. des Bergères was buried in Montréal on July 29th 1711. Notes from René Jetté, R. P. Louis Lejeune.
(5) Pierre-Noël Le Gardeur de Tilly: Refer to Madeleine Boucher (1-5). The Le Gardeur are a group of about 15 people, having arrived with thirty others in 1636 in Québec. They did not hesitate to take a lot of space, according to Benj. Sulte, they were arguers, authoritarians, but gifted for business and active. The widowed mother came with two sons, Charles de Tilly and Pierre de Repentigny. Pierre-Noël Le Gardeur de Tilly is the son of Charles and Geneviève Juchereau.
(6) Nicolas Daneau, sieur de Muy. (Refer to Marguerite Boucher 1-6) Widower with five children, married Catherine D'Ailleboust, daughter of Charles and Catherine Le Gardeur.
(7) Jacques-Charles of Sabrevois ( see B.R.H.No 31) M.B. de L.B. Montarville Boucher de La Bruère, lawyer and journalist , then archivist and historian, he published numerous works on the family of Pierre Boucher, in particular in the Cahiers des Dix , v.1, 1936 p. 233; v. 2, 1937 p.237; v. 3, 1938 p. 165; v. 4, 1939 p. 243,. He also accumulated an imposing documentation on the entire Boucher family of which he is a descendant. These documents were bequeathed to the Seminary at Trois-Rivières where they have been indexed and microfilmed.
PRDH - Programme de recherches en démographie historique de l' Université de Montréal (Research Program in historical demography of the University of Montéal).
RB - Parish Registre (B,M,S) Boucherville (Sainte-Famille)
M.d.V. - Mennie de Varennes, author and genealogist.deceased
R.J. - René Jetté, author of DGFQ - Dict. généalog des familles du Québec. (Genealogical Dictionary of the Families of Québec)
L.D. - Louis Dugas, French author, correspondent from Montarville
B. de La Bruère, father. He wrote: Pierre Boucher et les Boucherville. 3 volumes. (Pierre Boucher and the Boucherville, 3 vol.)
F.B.de L.B. - Fleurimont Boucher de La Bruère, author, son of Montarville. He wrote: Bref aperçu généalogique et historique de Pierre Boucher, de sa famille et des Boucher de La Bruère (A Brief Genealogical and Historical Essay on Pierre Boucher, his family and the Boucher of La Bruère) (Unpublished)
J.B.A.A - J.B.Arthur Allaire, Dict. du clergé. (Dictionary of the clerg
L.P. - Louis Pelletier Autthor: Le clergé du Québec. (The Clergy of Québec)
Note: There are many works on Pierre Boucher and his era. Among the most important are:
Marcel Trudel, Initiation à la Nouvelle-France. (Initiation to New France)
Marcel Trudel, Le régime seigneurial (The seigniorial regime)
Soeur Mitchell, Estelle s.g.m. Messire Pierre Boucher, sieur de Grosbois, Vac offset Inc.1985
Pierre Boucher by Séraphin Marion: Une vieille seigneurie par Louis Lalande (An old seignory by Louis Lalande)
Articles in several historical and genealogical reviews, such as Lustucru de la Société d'histoire des îles percées, Boucherville;
Mémoires de la Société généalogique Canadienne-française:
Bulletin des recherches historiques. (of historical research)
Mémoires de la Société Royale: Les Cahiers des Dix: La revue d'Histoire de l'Amérique française: Pierre Boucher et les Boucherville par Louis Dugas (The Notebooks of the Ten: The review of the History of French American: Pierre Boucher and the Boucherville by Louis Dugas)
Bref aperçu des descendants de Pierre Boucher par Fleurimont B. de La Bruère. (Brief essay on the descendants of Pierre Boucher by ..)
Benjamin Sulte Histoire des Canadiens Français et Défense de nos origines. (History of the French Canadians and the Defense of our origins)
Despite all of this, Pierre Boucher, sieur de Grosbois still remains the great ignored one of the History of Canada.
Jacques Dunant, Boucherville, May 2006.
Translated from the French language by Norm Léveillé and Bernice Dunant.
Késsinnimek - Roots - Racines
Copyright © 2003 & 2004 & 2005 & 2006 Norm Léveillée
©Tous droits réservés
Copyright © 2005 & 2006 Jacques Dunant
©Tous droits réservés
Created 1 Feb 2003
Father: Christophe Crevier , Sieur De Meslee b: 17 FEB 1610/11 in of St Jean-du-Perrot, La Rochelle, Aunis, France
Mother: Jeanne Enard b: ABT 1619 in Rouen
Pierre Boucher , Écuyer de Grosbois b: ABT 1622 in Notre-Dame, Mortagne-au-Perche, Orne, France
9 JUL 1652
in Quebec, P.Q.
- Pierre Boucher , Sieur de Boucherville b: 18 AUG 1653 in Trois Rivieres, P.Q.
- Marie-Ursule Boucher b: ABT 1655
- Lambert Boucher , Seur de Grandpre b: 12 AUG 1656 in Trois Rivieres, P.Q.
- Ignace Boucher , Seur de Grosbois b: 17 JAN 1658/59 in Trois Rivieres, P.Q.
- Madeliene Boucher b: ABT 1661 in Quebec, P.Q.
- Marguerote Boucher b: 26 JUN 1663 in Trois Rivieres, P.Q.
- Phillippe Boucher b: 19 DEC 1665 in Trois Rivieres, P.Q.
- Jean Boucher , deMontbrun b: 6 FEB 1666/67 in Trois Rivieres, P.Q.
- Rene Boucher , de Laperriere b: 18 JUN 1668 in Montreal, P.Q.
- Jeanne Boucher b: 5 DEC 1670 in Boucherville, P.Q.
- Louise Boucher b: 5 DEC 1670 in Boucherville, P.Q.
- Nicolas Boucher b: 14 NOV 1672 in Boucherville, P.Q.
- Jacques Boucher , Sieur de Montizambert b: 6 DEC 1673 in Boucherville, P.Q.
- Jean-Baptiste Boucher , Sieur de Niverville b: 6 DEC 1673 in Boucherville, Montérégie, Québec
- Geneviève Boucher b: 30 AUG 1676 in Boucherville, P.Q.