Name: Sarah Cloud
Birth: in Chester Co. PA
Burial: Middletown Quaker Cemetery, Chester County, PA
Mary Helen Haines notes:
Have not seen the proof for a last name for Sarah.
Many people have this Joseph Bishop's wife as Sarah Pratt, however I believe it is a Sarah Cloud instead. In Joseph Bishop, Jr.'s will, written in 1771, he refers to his uncle Joseph Cloud, which would have to refer to his mother's family. The Sarah Pratt who married Joseph Bishop, is married to Joseph Bishop, son of Thomas Bishop and Margaret Williamson. In fact the two sons of Thomas and Margaret marry sisters, Priscilla and Sarah Pratt.
Bishop, Joseph, Jr. W. Caln. Feb. 7, 1771. April 8, 1783. To wife Ann all estate of every description, that is plantation I now live upon, house and lot in the town near the Brewery known by the name of Londonport. Also whatever my Uncle Joseph Cloud has left me in his will, except £5 to my father's negro man, Charles Bender. Executrix: Wife Ann.
Joseph Bishop b: ABT 1700 in Edgmont twn, Chester Co., Pennsylvania
- Thomas Bishop b: ABT 1723 in Chester Co., PA
- Margaret Bishop b: ABT 1730 in Chester Co., PA
- George Bishop b: ABT 1730 in Chester Co., PA
- Sarah Bishop b: 25 JUN 1730 in Chester Co., PA
- Samuel Bishop b: ABT 1732 in Chester Co. PA
- Joseph Bishop Jr. b: ABT 1736 in West Caln twn, Chester Co., PA