Name: John Calvin Crook
Birth: 09 MAY 1809 in White Co., Tennessee
Burial: Old Zion Cemetery, White Co., Tenn. 1
Census: 1880 White Co., Tenn., Dist. 6, living with Sarah, next to the Merediths
Reference Number: 2146
Death: 01 JUN 1891 in White Co., Tennessee 2
Census: 1850 White Co., Tenn., Dist. 14, fam. 1550, pg. 226, 227
An excellent source for documented geneology of this branch of Crook family is at http://users.owt.com/crook/.
From Heretige of White County, p. 217, written by Clela Bain Wingo, " My great-great-grandmother, the oldest child of Samuel and Mary Brown is Sarah (Sally) Brown, Married John Crook in 1827 and moved to the Cumberland Mountain, TN on land that was then in White Co., TN. Where the (the Old Stock Road) crosses the Ocerland Stage Coach route, which is now Pomona Community in Cumberland Co., TN. When the road was rebuilt, it bypassed Crook's Inn, so john sold the Inn and moved to a large farm six miles east of Sparta, TN. Here, hea nad Sarah lived out their life, being buried in the Old Zion Cemetery located in White Co., TN." All the information of the descendants also comes from this source.
Father: John Crook II b: 1779 in Loudoun Co., Virginia
Mother: Hannah Lee
Sarah "Sallie" Brown b: 25 SEP 1809 in White Co., Tenn.
in White Co. , Tennessee
- Jane Crook b: 25 SEP 1829 in White Co., Tennessee
- Calvin Brown Crook b: 22 MAY 1831 in White Co., Tenn.
- Mary Ann Crook b: 03 APR 1833 in Cumberland Co., Tenn.
- Elizabeth Lowe Crook b: 22 MAY 1834 in White Co.
- David Crockett Crook b: 27 MAY 1837 in White Co., Tennessee
- Isabell (Belle) Crook b: 24 DEC 1839 in White Co., Tenn.
- Margaret Crook b: 24 FEB 1842 in White Co.
- Nancy (Nannie) E. Crook b: 18 MAR 1844 in White Co., Tennessee
- Sarah (Sallie) F. Crook b: 15 JUL 1847 in White Co.
- Emma Crook b: 13 DEC 1850 in White Co., Tennessee
- Author: White County Heritage Book Committee
Title: Heritage of White County
Publication: Name: 1999;
Source Medium: Book
- Title: Gravestone in Old Zion Cemetery