Name: Sir Henry Hobart 1st Baronet of INTWOOD
Birth: 1553 in Plumstead, Norfolk
Burial: 04 JAN 1626 Blickling, Norfolk
Death: 29 DEC 1625 in Blickling, Norfolk
Sir Henry Hobart, 1st Baronet SL of Blickling Hall, was an English judge and politician. The son of Thomas Hobart and Audrey Hare, and Great grandson of Sir James Hobart of Monks Eleigh, Suffolk, who served as Attorney General during the reign of King Henry VII. Sir Henry would further this lineal occupation and was admitted to Lincoln's Inn on 10 August 1575, and was later called to the Bar in 1584, and subsequently became governor of Lincoln's Inn in 1591.
Between 1588 and 1589, he was Member of Parliament (MP) for St Ives, for Great Yarmouth in 1597 and 1601, and for Norwich from 1604 to 1611. Hobart was Steward of Norwich in 1595, made Serjeant from 1603 to 1606, and later served as Attorney for the Court of Wards in 1605 and Attorney General for England and Wales between 1606 and 1613. From 1613 to 1625, his abilities were further recognized and he was elevated to Chief Justice of the Court of Common Pleas.
Having been Lord Chancellor to Henry Frederick, Prince of Wales, he was also Chancellor and Lord Keeper of the Great Seal to Charles, Prince of Wales.
He was conferred the honor of Knighthood in 1603, and was made Baronet, of Intwood in the County of Norfolk on 11 May 1611.
Sir Henry Hobart, was respected for his knowledge and sophistication in matters of estate management. He successfully acquired a fair amount of Norfolk property, including the estates of Intwood in 1596 and Blickling in 1616, where he was buried on 4 January 1625
Dorothy BELL b: 1572 in Outwell, Norfolk
21 APR 1590
in Blickling, Norfolk
- Henry HOBART b: 28 APR 1591 in Norwich, Norfolk
- Dorothy HOBART b: 14 MAR 1592 in Blickling, Norfolk
- Sir John HOBART b: 19 APR 1593 in Norwich, Norfolk
- Miles HOBART b: 12 SEP 1595 in Plumstead, Norfolk
- Thomas HOBART b: 1597 in Plumstead, Norfolk
- Sir Nathaniel HOBART b: 1600 in St Andrew, Norwich, Norfolk
- Edmund HOBART b: 1602 in Plumstead, Norfolk
- James HOBART b: 1603 in Intwood, Norfolk
- Thomas HOBART b: 1605 in Intwood, Norfolk
- Robert HOBART b: 1606 in Hackney
- Elizabeth HOBART b: 1609 in Blackfriars, London
- Henry HOBART b: 1610 in Kensington
- Frances HOBART b: 1612 in Plumstead, Norfolk
- Mary HOBART b: 1614 in Plumstead, Norfolk
- Edward HOBART b: 1616 in Plumstead, Norfolk
- Henry HOBART b: 17 NOV 1619 in Norwich, Norfolk