Name: Edward BIRCH
Given Name: Edward
Birth: 14 Jun 1857 in Birmingham, England 1
Death: 15 Oct 1943 in York Township, Ontario 1
Occupation: Publican 1
Occupation: Mason 1
Event: Cause of Death (2)
Unknown Myocardial Degener 1
Alias: Bert /Birch/
Edward (Bert) Birch owned a Pub in England when he fist married.
Is reputed to have drank a quart of whiskey each day.
Went to South Africa with his brothers and then returned to England
because he didn't like it there.
Built the first electric power station at Port Elizabeth, South Africa
and some of the largest school buildings in England and Ontario.
Came to Canada in 1911.
He was School Trustee of S.S.15, York Township during the years 1915,
1916 & 1917.
Anglican in Religion, conservative in politics and a Mason
Father: UNKNOWN BIRCH
Louisa STANDLEY b: Abt. 1858
- Edward BIRCH b: 1881
- William BIRCH b: 30 Jul 1881 in Coventry, England
- Charles Thomas BIRCH b: Oct 1886
- Albert BIRCH b: Abt. 1887
- Leonard John BIRCH b: 17 Mar 1888 in Pancras, County of Middlesex, England
- Florence Elizabeth BIRCH b: 24 Mar 1890 in Pancras, Middlesex, England
- Harold BIRCH b: 9 Sep 1898 in London England
- Title: Research28724.FTW