Name: Edward IV Plantagenet of York KING OF ENGLAND
Birth: 28 APR 1442 in Rouen, France
Death: 9 APR 1483 in Westminster Palace, London, England
_FA1: Burial: St. George Chapel, Windsor, England.
_FA2: During his reign, printing and silk manufacturing were introduced in England.
_FA3: Marriage to Elizabeth Wydeville alienated nobility.
_FA4: Efforts to create a new nobility more amenable to his interests angered the old
_FA5: nobles & alienated Richard Nevill, Earl of Warwick, a power behind the throne.
_FA6: Married Elizabeth Wydeville, the widow of a Lancastrian knight.
_FA7: Earned him the enmity of Yorkist Richard Neville "the Kingmaker" of Warwick.
_FA8: Proclaimed 1st Yorkist King 4 Mar 1461, deposed 3 Oct 1470, restored 11 Apr 1471
_FA9: Acceded: 28 Jun 1461, Westminster Abbey, London, England.
_FA1: Styled Earl of March during his father's lifetime.
_FA1: Forfeited all titles & honors by Act of Attainder Nov 1459; restored Oct 1460.
_FA1: 30 DEC 1460 Succeeded his father as Duke of York, Earl of Ulster & Earl of Cambridge.
ALIA: Edward IV /Plantagenet/ King of England
Note: During his reign, printing and silk manufacturing wereintroduced in England. Edward's marriage to Elizabeth Woodville& his efforts to create a new nobility more amenable to hisinterests, angered the older nobles and
alienated Yorkist Richard Nevill, Earl of Warwick, who had beena power behind his throne.
REF: British Monarchy Official Website: Edward IV (reigned1461-70& 1471-83) was able to restore order, despite thetemporary return of Henry VI (reigned 1470-71) supported by theEarl of Warwick, 'the Kingmaker', who had previously supportedEdward. Edward also made peace with France. He died in 1483.
Father: Richard of York PLANTAGENET Duke of York b: 21 SEP 1412
Mother: Cecily "Sweet Cis" NEVILLE b: 3 MAY 1415 in Raby Castle, Raby, Durham, England
- Grace PLANTAGENET
- Arthur PLANTAGENET Viscount Lisle b: 1461
- Elizabeth PLANTAGENET b: ABT 1464
Eleanor Talbot BUTLER
- Edward OF WIGMORE b: ABT 1468
Elizabeth WYDEVILLE b: ABT 1437 in Grafton Regis, Northamtonshire
1 MAY 1464
in Grafton Regis, Northamptonshire
- Note: Note: Edward earned the enmity of Yorkist Richard Neville the"Kingmaker" & Earl of Warwick by marrying Elizabeth the widow ofa Lancastrian knight. While Warwick was negotiating for amarriage with a French princess (more suitable in genealogicalterms), Edward married Elizabeth, & so Warwick rebelled againstEdward. No doubt he believed that if he had "made" this king,he could also unmake him. She was a highly unusual match for amedieval King of England. Before his coronation, fine, butEdward married her when he was already King, and the first kingof a new line, who could very well do with making some foreignalliances.
- Elizabeth PLANTAGENET of York b: 11 Feb 1465/66 in Westminster Palace, London, England
- Mary PLANTAGENET of York b: 11 AUG 1467 in Windsor Castle, Berkshire, England
- Cicely PLANTAGENET of York b: 20 Mar 1468/69 in Westminster Palace
- Edward V "the Boy King" KING OF ENGLAND b: 4 NOV 1470 in Sanctuary, Westminster Abbey, England
- Margaret PLANTAGENET of York b: 10 APR 1472 in Windsor Castle
- Richard PLANTAGENET of York Duke of York b: 17 AUG 1473 in Dominican Friary, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Anne PLANTAGENET of York b: 2 NOV 1475 in Westminster Palace
- George PLANTAGENET of York Duke of Bedford b: Mar 1476/77 in Windsor Castle, Berkshire, England
- Katherine PLANTAGENET of York b: 14 AUG 1479 in Eltham Palace, Kent
- Bridget PLANTAGENET of York b: 10 NOV 1480 in Eltham Palace, Kent