Name: John H. DORN
Given Name: John H.
Birth: 1768 in Edgefield Co. South Carolina
Death: 30 May 1846 in Edgefield Co. South Carolina
Census: 1800 Edgefield Co. South Carolina
Census: 1820 Edgefield Co. SC.4212023001001152100000000
Census: 1830 Edgefield Co. SC. 001120001000000001001
Census: 1840 Edgefield Co. SC. 000011001000000000011
Source, to have come from Dorn family Bible in possession of a Mrs.
Martha Jane Dorn Worrell in NC.
Census 1840 showing 31 slaves own by John Dorn. Males 5 under 10, - 7
-10 to 24 years, and 4 - 24 to 35 years of age. Females 7 under 10, 4- 10
to 24, 2- 24 to 35, 2 - 36 to 55. 1840 census showing Two people in
household that were insane or idiots. one would be son Benjamin b.
South Carolina Reference Room - State Libray, McCormick County
Abt.1850 Gold was found on Dorn land, wher the town of McCormick now
stands. The DornGold mine, which later also produced manganese, was
bought by Cyrus mcCormick in 1871. This mine continued to operate until
Father: Johann George DORN b: 1728 in Germany
Mother: Anna Elizabeth ( Apffel ) APFELIN b: 1729 in Germany
Sarah BURKHALTER b: 1778 in North or South Carolina
in Edgefield Co. Sc
- William Burkhalter DORN b: 11 Feb 1799 in Edgefield Co. SC.
- Robert DORN b: 9 Mar 1801 in Edgefield Co. SC.
- John H. Jr. DORN b: 2 May 1803 in Edgefield Co. SC.
- Benjamin DORN b: 20 Aug 1805
- James DORN b: 25 Apr 1808 in Edgefield Co. South Carolina
- Rebecca Ruth DORN b: 7 Apr 1810
- Mary Polly DORN b: 6 May 1812 in Edgefield Co. SC.
- Densley DORN b: 15 Jul 1815
- Solomon DORN b: 1816 in SC
- Samuel DORN b: 16 Feb 1818
- Elijah Andrew DORN b: 28 Aug 1820