Name: Caatje BLEECKER
Birth: ABT. 1670
Death: APR 1734
Catharina Bleecker Cuyler
Catharina Bleecker was born in 1670. She was a daughter of Albany
mainstays Jan Janse and Margarita Van Woert Bleecker. She grew up in the
family's home on Pearl Street.
In November 1689, she married Albany trader Abraham Cuyler. Over the next
two decades, seven of her children were baptized in the Albany Dutch
church where both parents were members and frequent baptism sponsors.
These Cuylers also lived on Pearl Street where Abraham was a prominent
trader and civic leader. They were Albany mainstays until Catharina
Bleecker Cuyler died just shy of her sixty-fourth birthday in April 1734.
She was buried beneath the Dutch church.
Sources: The life of Catharina Bleecker Cuyler is CAP biography number
153. This profile is derived chiefly from family and community-based
Home | Site Index | Navigation | Email | New York State Museum
first posted: 2/10/03
Father: Jan Janse BLEECKER b: ABT. 1640
Mother: Margarita VAN WOERT b: ABT. 1647 in New Netherland
Abraham CUYLER b: ABT. 1663
17 NOV 1689
in D R Albany
- Hendrik CUYLER b: ABT. 1690
- Grietje CUYLER b: 30 OCT 1692
- Anna CUYLER b: 14 APR 1695
- Johannes CUYLER b: 26 JUN 1698
- Sara CUYLER b: 28 APR 1700
- Maria CUYLER b: 4 APR 1703
- Sara CUYLER b: 6 OCT 1706
- Catharina CUYLER b: 20 FEB 1708/09
- Abraham CUYLER b: 27 DEC 1713
- Nicolaas CUYLER b: 28 JUN 1716