Name: Mary Ann BREAZEALE
Birth: 24 JUL 1821
Death: 6 JUN 1905 in buried Brown Family Cem, Griffin Ch Comm, Pickens C0, SC
Fact 1: see notes
Reference Number: 384
Beasley Progress, Feb 1905. Mrs Mary A Brown, relicit of the late Samuel Brown, died at the old homestead near Potato Hill Mountain at midnight, on the 6th inst., and was buried the following Sabbath at the family burial ground. Funeral services were conducted by the Rev. O. M. Abney of the Pickens Circuit. Mrs Brown was 81 years of age at the time of her death, and leaves seven grown children, six sons and one daughter, all married. The oldest John T Brown of Woodruff, SC; W. S. Brown of Rome, Ga; S.H. Brown and R.B. Brown and Mrs Sallie Chapman, of this county, and James H Brown of Pelzer, SC. Mrs Brown was a consistent member of the Porter's Chapel Methodist Church.
More than likely Mary Ann was a neighbor of Sanuel. There is some information that her father was George Washington Breazeale, however this is not supported yet. I will carry him as such until proven otherwise, together with a brother James Washington and sister Lucinda.
Father: George Washington BREAZEALE b: 1780
Mother: Sara BRADSHAW b: 1788
Samuel BROWN b: 25 APR 1817
- John Tatum BROWN b: 30 MAR 1840 in Griffin Comm, Pickens Co, SC
- William Silas BROWN b: 30 MAY 1842
- Henry Jacob BROWN b: 17 FEB 1845 in Pickens Co, SC
- Sheriff Hanes BROWN b: 11 OCT 1847 in Above Pickens, SC.
- Lewis Acker BROWN b: 20 MAR 1850 in Above Pickens, SC.
- Mary Jane BROWN b: 20 JUL 1852
- James Ambler BROWN b: 23 MAY 1855 in Above Pickens, SC.
- Samuel W BROWN b: 10 AUG 1858 in Above Pickens, SC.
- Sarah Ann "Sallie" BROWN b: 30 AUG 1861 in Above Pickens, SC.
- Robert Bowen BROWN b: 26 SEP 1865