Name: John SMYTH
Given Name: John
Suffix: Of Miryshaw
Death: 1686 1
Change Date: 13 Jun 2006 at 20:25
In Bradford Cathedral there is an impressive tablet to the memory of John Smyth of Miryshaw, his wife and their ten children. 1
In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Bradford:
MIRYSHAW, a farm-house in the township and parish of Bradford, to which it nearly adjoins.
This house was for many generations, the paternal residence of the Smyths, now divided into two branches, and represented by John Henry Smyth, Esq. M.P. for Cambridge, and John Smyth, Esq. of Bramham, (1816.) It is now occupied as a farm house, a view of which, as a vignette, is given in Whitaker's Loidis et Elmete."
Father: Richard SMYTH
Mother: Margaret HODGSON
- Change Date:
13 Jun 2006
- John SMYTH b: 1653 in Revey, Nr Bradford c: 1654 in Wibsey Chapel, North Bierley
- Abbrev: http://www.bradfordhistorical.org.uk/antiquary/third/vol04/carrhouse.html