Name: Elizabeth "Betsy" Allen
Given Name: Elizabeth "Betsy"
Birth: 9 Nov 1761 in , Augusta Co., Virginia
Death: 11 Oct 1831 in , Augusta Co., Virginia
Burial: Tinkling Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Augusta Co., Virginia
! (1) "The Tinkling Spring: Headwater of Freedom 1732-1952," by Howard Wilson (1954), FHL 975.591 K2w, p.240.
Change Date: 30 Jun 2010 at 01:00:00
FILE: Tombstones\McCue, Elizabeth 1761-1831, Tinkling Spring Ch, Augusta Co, VA.JPG
Title: Tombstone, Elizabeth McCue, Tinkling Spring Cem, Augusta Co., VA
(2) "Gleanings of Virginia History," by William Fletcher Boogher (1965) p.310. FHL #975.5 H2bw.
(3) National Soc. Daughters of the American Revolution, application of Dorothy Vance Crawford Rogers (Mrs. Franklin Rogers), Staunton, VA, 6 Mar 1926.
(4) Tombstone, Tinkling Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Augusta Co., VA.
! Birth: (1) d/o James ALLEN, granddaughter of William ALLEN, the immigrant, of the Augusta Stone Church. (2,3) d/o James ALLEN/Margaret ANDERSON. (1,4) 9 Nov 1761.
Marriage to Rev. John McCUE: (2,3,4) (1) "About the time he completed his theological studies in 1781 or 1782."
Death: (1,4) 11 Oct 1831.
Burial: (4) Tinkling Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Augusta Co., VA.
(1) 1792, 19 Jun: Her husband purchased from Zechariah Johnston "The Stone Fort" on Long Meadow Run. He included in the trade some Kentucky lands. Probably moved there from "Levels of Green Brier" in late 1791 or early 1792.
Father: James Allen Jr. c: 18 Mar 1743/1744 in Augusta Stone Church, Ft. Defiance, Augusta Co., Virginia
Mother: Margaret Anderson b: 5 May 1735
John McCue b: 8 May 1753 in , Albemarle Co., Virginia
in , Augusta Co., Virginia
- Mary C. McCue b: 1785
- James A. McCue
- John McCue Esq. b: 17 Feb 1793
- Franklin McCue (McCune) b: 28 Sep 1795 in , Rockbridge Co., Virginia
- William McCue b: in , Rockbridge Co., Virginia
- Elizabeth McCue b: 15 Sep 1798 in , Augusta Co., Virginia
- Cyrus McCue
- Sarah Ann "Sallie" McCue b: 1804 in , Rockbridge Co., Virginia