Name: Anne Crosby 1
Change Date: 10 APR 2012
Married 1st, ____ Needham.
2nd, as 2nd wife, Rowland Okeover. Mother of Humphrey Okeover.
3rd, Sir Oliver Cheyney. (Whose daughter Martha married her son Humphrey Okeover)
Her surname of Crosby (no first name) is given in ?Memorial of The Bagot Family?, page 57.
Bargain & Sale. 17 Feb. 1617
1. Oliver Cheyne, Okeover, Staffs, Kt.
2. John Stone, London, Esq. 1. to 2. for £4,500 to use of 2. for ever.
All the Manor of Gt. S. called Camoys Manor, with all apps., lands etc. Moiety of the Manor of Broughtons, with apps., lands etc. 1 windmill with the soil on which it stands in Gt. S. And all the lands etc. of 1. in Gt. or Lt. S.
1. promises that property is free from all charges etc. made by 1. or by Richard Tryce, late of Gt. S., Esq., & Francis, his dau. decd. & Thomas Tryce, father of the said Richard, also decd., except demise of 26 April, 1615 from 1. to Henry Fisher, Esq., of the said Manor for 25 years, lease of 22 May, 1615 made of the premises by said Henry Fisher to 1. for 24¾ years, and 1 deed poll of assignment of the said indentures, premises and lease of 14th instant made by 1. to Christopher Wood of London, gent, from 26th April 1615 for 25 years. And 1 recognizance for £4,000 of 22 May, 1615, acknowledged by 1. to Henry Fisher, and 1 recognizance for £5,000 of 25 Oct. 1616, ackd. by 1. to Hunfrey Handford, citizen and grocer of London.
1. agrees that he and Dame Anne, his wife, shall make the necessary deeds of further assurance.
Exemplification of Fine. Easter 1618
1. John Stone, Esq. querens.
2. Oliver Cheyne, Kt., & Anne, his wife, deforcs.
Manor of Gt. S., called Camoys with apps., 12 messuages, 8 tofts, 1 windmill, 4 dovecotes, 12 gardens, 300 as. land, 90 as. meadow, 300as. pasture, 40 as. woods, 100as. gorse and heath, 20 acres marsh & common pasture in all the acres with apps. in Gt. S. Moiety of the Manor of Broughton with apps. and 3 messuages, 3 gardens, 300 as land, 30 as. meadow, 100 as. pasture, 10as. woods, 20 as. gorse and heath, & 1/6d. rent in Gt. & Lt. S.
Rowland Okeover b: ABT 1536
- Humphrey Okeover b: 1603
Oliver Cheney b: ABT 1581
- Type: Book
Periodical: Memorials of the Bagot family
Author: William Bagot Bagot