Name: Gunnora of Crepon
Change Date: 15 MAY 2008
According to Robert of Torigni, not long after his first wife Emma's death (without issue), Duke Richard went out hunting and stopped at the house of a local forester. He became enamoured of the forester's wife, Seinfreda, but she being a virtuous woman, suggested he court her unmarried sister, Gunnor, instead. Gunnor became his mistress, and her family rose to prominence. Her brother, Herefast de Crepon, may have been involved in a controversial heresy trial. Gunnor was, like Richard, of Norse descent, being a Dane by blood. Richard finally married her to legitimize their children:
* Richard II "the Good", Duke of Normandy (966)
* Robert, Archbishop of Rouen, Count of Evreux, died 1037.
* Mauger, Earl of Corbeil, died after 1033; his alleged grandson (or perhaps great-grandson) was Robert Fitzhamon, an important Anglo-Norman baron.
* Robert Danus, died between 985 and 989
* Emma of Normandy (c.985-1052) wife of two kings of England.
* Maud of Normandy, wife of Odo II of Blois, Count of Blois, Champagne and Chartres
* Hawise of Normandy (b. ca. 978), d. 21 February 1034. m. Geoffrey I, Duke of Brittany
* Beatrice of Normandy, Abbess of Montvilliers d.1034 m. Ebles of Turenne (d.1030 (divorced)
* Papia m. Gilbert de St Valery
Father: Herbastus de Crepon b: ABT 911 in Normandy, France
Mother: Gunhild Olafsdottir b: 923
Richard I ?The Fearless? of Normandy b: 28 AUG 933
- Richard ?The Good? II of Normandy
- Robert D? Evreux
- Mauger or Maliger of Normandy
- Matilda de Normandy
- Beatrix Of Normandy
- Emma or Edburga of Normandy b: ABT 982 in Normandy, France
- Hawise of Normandy
- Papia de Normandy