Name: Walter De Bolbec
Birth: ABT 1130 in Styford, Northumberland
Residence: Whitechurch, Bywell, Northumberland
Change Date: 26 SEP 2006
Bywell St Andrew was called the White Church because it was given by Walter de Bolbec to assist the Abbey of Blanchland, the monks of which belonged to the Premonstratensian Order, who had arrived in England in 1140. They wore a white cassock, a long white cloak and cap made from undyed wool. Walter had founded and endowed Blanchland in 1165 and as part of the arrangement, the Abbot had to provide a vicar to conduct the services at Bywell St Andrew.
Father: Walter De Bolbec b: ABT 1090 in Normandy, France
Sybil de Vesey
- Hugh De Bolbec