Name: George Preston
Suffix: Kt, of Craigmillar
Birth: ABT 1612
Death: AFT 8 NOV 1679
Note: Had fisheries alienated to him
Residence: Whitehill, Preston and Craigmillar
Change Date: 6 JUL 2011
Sold the barony of Craigmillar in 1660 to Sir John Gilmour.
Became a warm supporter of Charles I.
Limerick City Museum has:
3. P.45-50. Copy of Grant by Charles II to Sir George Preston of fisheries of the River Shannon and around the coast to Antrim, 20 July 1662. Local names: William Bourke, Baron Castleconnell; Sir Nicholas Comyn; Sir Geoffrey Galway; Sir George Creagh Fitzgerald.
4. P.51-62. Copy of letters patent of Charles II re fisheries and grant to Sir George Preston, 9 Feb 1678
5. P.63-66. Copy of licence of alienation of fisheries to Sir George Preston, 8 Nov 1679. Latin.
6. P.67-70. Copy of deed of sale and conveyance of fisheries from Sir William Parsons and Lord Eyre, heirs of Sir George Preston, to Eyre Evans Powell, 7 Nov 1771: This indenture made the 7th day of October in the year of Our Lord 1771 between Sir William Parsons of Woodfield in the Kings County Baronet eldest son and heir at law of Sir Laurence Parsons deceased who was great grandson and heir at law of Elizabeth Parsons otherwise Preston one of the daughters and coheirs at law of Sir George Preston Knight deceased and the Right Honorable John Lord Eyre eldest son and heir at law of the Reverend Dean Giles Esqr who was great grandson and heir at law of Mary Eyre otherwise Preston who was the other daughter and coheir of the said Sir George Preston deceased on the one part .....
Father: David Preston
Mother: Margaret Ker b: in of Fawdounsyde
ABT 15 JUN 1640
- Note: Contract 1
- Margery or Mary Preston b: ABT 1658 in Craigmillar, Midlothian, Scotland
- Type: Web Site
Title: Stirnet Genealogy
Author: Patrick Barns-Graham