Name: Thomas Wells
Prefix: Vice Admiral
Death: 31 OCT 1811
Residence: Holmewood, Hunts
Change Date: 1 NOV 2008
See Burke LG r Wells of Bickley Hall and Holmewood.
Bickley Hall, Bromely, after which the whole district is now named, was built very much in the style of a country house in 1780 by John Wells, a shipbuilder.
In 1759 John Wells bought the estate of Bickley and gradually converted the lodge into Bickley Hall. In 1841 his son went bankrupt and eventually passed to George Wythes who began the development of the Bickley Park estate in the 1860's.
- Frances Mary Wells