Name: Colin Campbell
Suffix: 1st of Aberuchill 1
Death: MAR 1618
Residence: Aberuchill, Comrie, Scotland
Note: 2 1|
Change Date: 28 MAR 2008
Colin Campbell, 1st of Aberuchill, is styled as second son of Sir John Campbell of Lawers in a charter for the lands of Aberuchill resigned in favour of his father by William Moray of Abercairney on 6 November, 1594, and which lands he obtained from his father on 12 July, 1596. He proceeded to built a castle which, upon completion, was razed to the ground by a force of local MacGregors, and their allies in 1604 and had a charter of confirmation for the lands of Craiginche following upon a resignation made in his favour by James Reidheugh, of Cultybragan, on 4 March, 1603.
He m. to Jean, daughter of Henry Drummond, 2nd of Riccarton, (she was still living on 28 June, 1622, when she and her brother-in-law John Campbell of Ardeonaig, raised an action against Gregor MacGregor, alias Murray, and Patrick Murray, his brother, for the wrongful possession of the lands of Glenstrae and Stronmelochan) and d. in March of 1618.
He was father of?
1. James Campbell, 2nd of Aberuchill
2. John Campbell, of Fordie
3. Thomas Campbell, styled a son of the deceased Colin Campbell of Aberuchill when bailie to a Sasine in favour of Patrick Drummond of Broich on 2 May, 1651.5
4. William Campbell, a natural son who was apprenticed to Patrick Hepburn, Apothecary in Edinburgh, on 5 April, 1620.
5. Margaret Campbell, m. to Patrick Campbell, 1st of Edinample, (c/m 19 November, 1625), and had issue.
6. Beatrix Campbell, m. to Alexander Reidheugh, of Cultybragan, (c/m 13 March, 1630.6 He was widow of Anna, daughter of Sir James Campbell, of Lawers, whom he had m. in 1626)
7. Jean Campbell, m. to John Drummond, 7th of Lennoch, and had issue.
Or John?s mother was ___ Colville?
Father: John Campbell
Mother: Beatrix Campbell
- John Campbell
- Type: Gedcom File
- Text: The Red Book of Perthshire
by Gordon A. MacGregor