Name: Theodora Angelina
Change Date: 1 FEB 2012
The only daughter of Anna Angelina and Isaac Comnenus Sebastocrator. Her maternal grandparents were Byzantine emperor Alexius III Angelus and Euphrosyne Doukaina Kamaterina.
Theodora was first married, in 1197, to Ivanko, leader of the Vlachs and Bulgarians. Her father had died in Vlach-Bulgarian captivity not many months earlier.
A few years later she became one of the wives of a rival warlord, Dobromir, leader of the Vlachs and Bulgarians.
Later, after the Fourth Crusade brought about the collapse of the Byzantine Empire, Theodora married Leopold VI, Duke of Austria. Leopold and Theodora had seven children (according to Varzos)
1. Frederick II, Duke of Austria (1201 - June 15, 1246).
2. Margaret, Duchess of Austria (1204 - February 28, 1266). Married firstly with Henry, elder son and pressumptive heir of the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II, and when he died, she married with the King Ottokar II of Bohemia.
3. Agnes of Austria (February 19, 1205 - August 29, 1226). Married Albert II, Duke of Saxony.
4. Leopold of Austria (1207 - 1216).
5. Henry of Austria (1208 - November 28, 1228). Married Agnes of Turingia; their only daughter, Gertrudis, was the general heiress of the house of Babenberg after the death of his uncle.
6. Gertrude of Austria (1210 - 1241). Married Henry IV Raspe, Landgrave of Turingia.
7. Constance of Austria (April 6, 1212 - June 5, 1243). Married Heinrich III of Meißen.
Father: Issakios II Angelus
Mother: Eirene Comnena
Leopold VI von Babenberg b: 1176
- Agnes of Austria b: 19 FEB 1205
- Constantia of Austria b: 6 APR 1212
- Type: Web Site