Name: Duncan Campbell
Suffix: 2nd of Glenlyon 1
Death: 7 JAN 1578 in Balloch Castle 1
Change Date: 28 MAY 2007
Duncan Campbell, 2nd of Glenlyon, better known as "Red Duncan of the Hospitality," and who succeeded his father in the lands of Glenlyon. He m. to Margaret, daughter of William Drummond, 3rd of Balloch, (c/d 3 March 1568. She was widow of John Campbell, 2nd of Murthly, and m. thirdly by 1580 to John Lyon, of Cossins,) and from whom he was divorced by reason of his adultery. He d. at Balloch Castle on 17 January, 1578, and was father of,
1. Colin Campbell, 3rd of Glenlyon, (see below).
2. Archibald Campbell, complained of with his brother Colin Campbell of Glenlyon by Robert Henderson in Byres of Murthly for having stolen livestock from him in August of 1592.
3. John Roy Campbell, styled as a natural son in a Bond in favour of Colin Campbell of Glenorchy on 11 March 1578.
4. Colin Campbell, a natural son who gave a Bond of Manrent to Colin Campbell of Glenorchy on 11 March, 1579, m. to Janet, daughter of James Kinross, of Kippenross, (she was widow of George Schaw, of Knockhill, whom she had m. by c/d 9 August, 1586, and by whom she had issue) and obtained the lands of Knockhill from his step-family. He had issue ->
5. A daughter, said to have m. to Gregor MacDonachie MacGregor, of Roro, (he m. secondly to Janet, daughter of MacMartin of Letterfinlay) and had issue.
Father: Archibald Campbell b: AFT 1481
Mother: Isobel Grant
- Colin ?Mad Colin" Campbell
- Text: http://www.perthshireheritage.co.uk