Name: Marie de Berry
Change Date: 28 MAY 2009
Marie of Berry (1367-1434) was the daughter of John, duke of Berry and Joanna of Armagnac. First she married Louis III de Châtillon.There were no children from this marriage. After his death in 1391 she married Philip of Artois, Count of Eu (1358-1397) on January 27, 1393. They had four children, three of whom survived to adulthood:
1. Charles of Artois, Count of Eu (1394-1472)
2. Bonne (1396-1425), who married firstly Philip Count of Nevers (1389-1415), youngest son of Philip the Bold, Duke of Burgundy, and secondly Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy (1396-1467).
3. Catherine (1397-1422?), who married John of Bourbon, Lord of Carency.
Marie married her third husband John I, Duke of Bourbon in 1400 and had with him three children:
1. Charles I, Duke of Bourbon (1401?1456)
2. Louis (1403?1412, Paris), Count of Forez
3. Louis I, Count of Montpensier (1405?1486)
During his imprisonment in England after the battle of Agincourt, she acted as a regent. He died in the same year as her, still a prisoner in London.
Father: Jean de Berri b: 1340
Mother: Joan of Boulogne b: 1346
Philippe d? Artois b: 1358
- Bonne d? Artois b: 1396