Name: William Cantelupe
Residence: Candleston Castle, nr Bridgend, Glamorgan
Change Date: 21 DEC 2004
Candleston Castle was a 15th century fortified manor house built by the powerful de Cantelupe family.
The name Candleston is probably derived from the de Cantelupe family who built a fortified manor house here (near Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend, south Wales) in the later 14th century.
A wooden effigy of Knight in St Mary Priory Church, Abergavenny, is possibly George de Cantelupe, Baron of Abergavenney (d. 1273)
- Cecily Cantelupe