Name: *Amice de Gael
Name: Amice De (Uta) Gael (Waiet)
Name: Amice de Montfort 1
Birth: ABT 1106 in Montfort, Yvelines, France
Birth: ABT 1108
Death: 31 AUG 1168 2
Occupation: Countess of Leicester
Amice, daughter of Ralph de Waer, Earl of Norfolk and Emma, daughter of William Fitz Osborne, Earl of Hereford. William Fitz Osborne was first Earl of Hereford after the Norman Conquest and was son of Osborne de Crepon, Steward of the Household and Server to William, Duke of Normandy; distinguished himself at the battle of Hastings for which he was advanced to the Earldom of Hereford, having also the Isle of Wight given him; was slain in battle agauist Robert le Frison, Count of Flanders, in 1070.
(Fenwick Allied Ancestry, page 91)
Amice de Montfort, daughter of Ralph, senior of Gael and Montfort.
Amice de Montfort, daughter of Raoul II de Montfort, himself a son of Ralph de Gael, Earl of East Anglia.
Amice (Amicia) (d. c. 31 August 1168) was initially betrothed to Richard, illegitimate son of Henry I and his mistress Ansfrida, but her betrothed died on the White Ship disaster in November 1120. She was then married to the King's ward Robert de Beaumont, 2nd Earl of Leicester, second (twin) son of Robert de Beaumont, Count of Meulan.
Father: *Raoul II de Gael b: ABT 1080 in Montfort, Yvelines, France
*Robert "Bossu" of Beaumont b: 1104 in Leicester, Leicestershire, England
AFT NOV 1120
in Brittany, France 3
- *Isabel Elizabeth of Beaumont b: ABT 1121 in Leicestershire, England
- *Robert "Blanchmains" of Beaumont b: ABT 1122 in Beaumont, , France
- *Margaret of Beaumont b: ABT 1125 in Normandy, France
- *Hawise of Beaumont b: 1125 in Dursley, Gloucestershire, England
- Title: Wikipedia
- Title: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Title: Pedigrees of Charlemagne's Descendants, Vol. II, Chapter LXVI Wentworth, Brewster, Prence, Freeman, Sears, Crowell