Name: *Bernard Roger de Comminges
Name: Bernard Roger de Bigorre
Name: Bernard Roger of Foix
Birth: ABT 962 in Couserans, Ariège, France 1
Death: ABT 1034 in Ariège, France 1
Occupation: BET 1030 AND 1034 Count of Bigorre 1
Occupation: BET 1011 AND 1034 Count of Foix 1
Bernard Roger (c.962 - c.1034) was the count of Couserans, in which capaci ty he was lord of parts of Comminges and Foix.
He was the son of count Roger I of Carcassonne. His elder brother, Raymo nd I of Carcassonne inherited the county of Carcassonne and the remaini ng part of the lordship of Comminges. Bernard Rogers comital status is att ested in the donation to the Abbey of Saint-Hilaire in 1011.
He is the founder of the House of Foix which ruled that county for centuri es. During his father's lifetime, he married Arsinde, or Garsenda, the hei ress of the county of Bigorre.
He built the square tower of the castle at Foix in France and made it h is capital, from which a town group up. He had endowed the monastery at Fo ix and in it he was buried when he died at the ripe old age of seventy-two .
Father: *Roger I "the Old" of Carcassonne b: 937 in Carcassonne, Aude, France
Mother: Adelais de Pons b: in Pons, Charente-Maritime, France
Garsenda of Bigorre b: 990 in Bigorre, Gascony, France
- *Clemence de Comminges b: 1005 in Bigorre, Gascony, France
- Bernard II of Foix b: 1010 in Bigorre, Gascony, France
- Peter of Foix b: 1012 in Bigorre, Gascony, France
- Roger I of Foix b: 1014 in Bigorre, Gascony, France
- *Ermesinde of Bigorre b: 1015 in Bigorre, Gascony, France
- Title: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia