Name: Sarah Matilda Viers 1 2 3
Name: Sarah Matilda Fletcher
Change Date: 14 SEP 2008
Birth: 19 JAN 1848 in Adair Co., Kentucky 1 2
Death: 27 FEB 1923 in St. Charles, Chautauqua Co., Kansas 1 2
Burial: St. Charles Cemetery, St. Charles, Chautauqua Co., Kansas 2
Name from Linda Fletcher Lyle, received 18 FEB 2000.
Spelling of VIERS from Barbara Grider, 12 JAN 2001: Her note, in part, reads as follows: 'Sarah Matilda's names was Viers. I think it was pronounced to rhyme with beers. On the marriage records, her name is misspelled as Vires. The obit mistakenly spelled it Vives. There are quite a few Viers in the KY records, but not Vives or Vires. I was talking a genealogist friend who also has a Grider line. He says of all the families he works with, the Grider reocrds have the most erroneous information in them. I take that as a challenge and am going to do my bit to get them straightened out.'
James Russell Fletcher b: 02 JAN 1839 in Adair Co., Kentucky
08 AUG 1865
in Adair Co., Kentucky 1 2
The following information received from Barbara Grider 13 JAN 2001:
My source for the marriage of James Russell Fletcher and Sarah Matilda Viers is
Watson, Michael C. Adair County, Kentucky Marriages January 1, 1840 to January 1, 1870 [second printing, September 1998] - no information on printer etc.
page 32 FLETCHER, JAMES R., of Adair, to SARAH M. VIRES, of Adair, on 5 Aug. 1865 by Patton, (minister's return only).
There were only a few other Viers listings but many Fletchers.
- Amarilla Fletcher b: 26 APR 1866 in Adair Co., Kentucky
- Woodruff W. Fletcher b: 01 NOV 1867 in Adair Co., Kentucky
- Allie Fletcher b: 07 DEC 1869 in Adair Co., Kentucky
- Porter Florence Fletcher b: 03 AUG 1870 in Pike Co., Indiana
- Martin Luther Fletcher b: 11 JAN 1873 in Petersburg, Pike Co., Indiana
- Eunice Fletcher b: 13 JUL 1875 in Pike Co., Indiana
- Elisha Fletcher b: 31 DEC 1876 in Pike Co., Indiana
- Elijah C. Fletcher b: 31 DEC 1876 in Pike Co., Indiana
- Rutha Fletcher b: 23 APR 1879 in Pike Co., Indiana
- Ruffus Floyd Fletcher b: 23 MAR 1884 in Elk City, Kansas
- Title: AFletcher.FTW
- Title: gryder.GED
- Title: Bob Leahy
Abbrev: Bob Leahy
Note: 5001 PAR DR, #3526, Denton, Texas, USA, 76208, email@example.com, for ancestry.com