Name: Helen Filmer
Given Name: Helen
Change Date: 26 SEP 2005
Edmund Richard Filmer-Sankey
- William Patrick Filmer-Sankey b: 4 APR 1900 in Ireland
- Abbrev: email
To: "Peerage News"
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: + Josephine Filmer-Sankey
Here's what I have on Lady Ursula & her descendants (with your
additions Shinjinee) - I wonder whether the Traudel Filmer-Sankey who died last year widow of William Patrick F-S might be a daughter-in-law of Lady Ursula's 1st husband by a 2nd marriage?
1) Lady Ursula Mary Olivia Grosvenor, of Fairyfield, Kinsale, Co. Cork, b. Grosvenor House, London 21.2.1902; d. London 5.7.1978.
m. 1st St. Mary's Church, Cadogan St., Chelsea 23.7.1924 (div.
//.//.1940), William Filmer-Sankey, Captain, (Catholic) b. Ireland
4.4.1900; d. ?, son of Commander Edmund Richard Filmer-Sankey, RN (yr son of Helen Filmer - dau of Rev. Sir John Filmer-Sankey, 7th
Baronet) , and had issue 2 sons,
(1) Patrick Hugh Filmer-Sankey, of 28 Eaton Place, b. 11 N. Audley St., 7.4.1925; dec. m. Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, Warwick St. 11.10.1956, Josephine Griffin, writer as Josephine Filmer-Sankey, b.; d. 26.9.2005 (bur. Bruera Church, nr Saighton, Cheshire), only dau of Ronald Griffin (son of Sir Lepel Henry Griffin, KCSI), and Patience N, and had issue 1 son,
Wiliam Filmer-Sankey, b. m. Caroline N, educational psychologist, b.; and has issue 1 son & 1 dau,
(1b) Frances Filmer-Sankey, b.
(2b) Ben Filmer-Sankey, b.
(2) Christopher John Filmer-Sankey, b. 3.3.1928; d. Dublin 25.11.1957.
m. 3.12.1949, Clara Elizabeth Seely, b. 26.3.1929; d. .1984-9, eldest dau of Lieutenant-Colonel James Seely (gr.son of Sir Charles Seely, 1st Baronet), and Vera Birkin (gr.dau of Sir Thomas Birkin, 1st Baronet), and had issue 2 sons (umn 1985),
(1a) Dominic Hugh Filmer-Sankey, of Jethro's Marinades and Sauces, b. 26.6.1950;
(2a) Christopher John Timothy Filmer-Sankey, b. Portobello Nursing
Home, Dublin 18.3.1958;
m. 2nd 5.10.1940, Stephan Vernon, Major, b.; son of Bernard Morris
Vernon, and NN, and had further issue 1 daughter,
(3) (daughter) Vernon, b. & d. died (after a few hours) London Clinic 8.3.1943.