Name: Adele DE CHAMPAGNE
Death: 4 JUN 1206 in Buried in the church of Pontigny Abbey, near Auxerre
(1) Wikipedia.org. Oct 30, 2007
(2) Jan 14, 2009 The mother of Philippe II August, King of France, who married Isabelle de Flanders (Generation 2) of the Descendants of Adele/Ermensinde de Namur (3 generations) by Leon van de Pas (3) Jan 19, 2009 Ancestors of David Patrick Robert, online
(4) Dec 25, 2009 Wikipedia.org on Theobald II, Count of Champgne her father. She founded many monasteries She was regent of France when her son in 1190 went away on the Third Crusade. She returned to the shadows when he returned in 1192.
(5) June 12, 2010 Wikipedia.org on Adele of Champagne. They married Nov 1160, only five weeks after his wife, Constance of Castile had died at childbirth. She was the mother of his only male son and heir, Philip II,. She was also the daughter of Theobald II of champagne and Matilda of Carintha. She acted as Regent when Philippe, her son was on the Third Crusade. until he returned in 1192. She died on June 4, 1206 and was buried in the churhc of Pontigny Abbey near Auxerre, France.
Father: Thibaut IV-II"the LIBERAL" , comte de Champagne b: 1090 in Champagne, France
Mother: Mathilde de Sponheim VON KARTEN , of Carinthia b: 1105
LOUIS VII, "the Younger", King of France, Capet b: 1120 in Paris, France
- Philippe II AUGUSTUS , King of France, Capet b: 22 AUG 1165 in Gonesse, in the Val-d'Oise, France
- Alys Marguerite DE FRANCE , comtesse de Vexin b: 1170
- Agnes\Anna DE FRANCE , Capet b: 1171