Name: Richard Standen
Given Name: Richard
Birth: 1830 in England 1
Death: 1884 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont. of typhoid fever, two weeks duration 2
Change Date: 23 Sep 2006 at 07:09
Note: A farmer. Of English ancestry, and Anglican faith. Year of immigration: 1870. Although I've got no evidence establishing his relationship to John & Mary Anne, I've added him to their family to draw attention to their contemporary prescence in North Simcoe County. I don't think his proximity to them is any coincidence. If he isn't John's son, then he's a very close relative, and the nature of their relatedness is worthy of exploration by any interested researcher. ~tricia
(Medical):Informant: Dr. Richard Raikes, Midland, Tay Twp.
Date of registration: 16 Aptil 1884
Father: John Standen b: 13 Jul 1808 in Bellbroughton, Staffs., Eng.
Mother: Mary Anne Southall b: 26 Oct 1812 in England
Helen Gorse b: 1840 in England
- Change Date:
23 Sep 2006
- Rosanna Standen b: 1860 in England
- Joseph Standen b: 15 Dec 1863 in England
- Thomas Standen b: 25 Dec 1865 in England
- Richard H. Standen b: 28 Jun 1868 in England
- Mary Ellen Standen b: 1870 in England
- John Standen b: 2 Jun 1873 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont.
- Elizabeth Jane Standen b: 1876 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont.
- William Standen b: 24 Aug 1879 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont.
- Stephen Standen b: 6 May 1881 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont.
- George Standen b: 18 Dec 1882 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont.
- Rosanna Standen b: 14 Apr 1884 in Tay Twp., Simcoe Co., Ont.
- Abbrev: NAC-1881
Title: 1881 Census of Canada
Publication: National Archives of Canada
Page: C-13251, "J" Tay Twp., pg. 101
Date: 8 Nov 2003
- Abbrev: Death Reg'ns - Ont.
Title: Death Reg'ns - Ont.
Author: Province of Ontario
Publication: Ontario Archives
Page: # 016777-84 (Simcoe Co.)
Date: 24 Sep 2005