Name: Obadiah, priest of Nehemiah ben Hachaliah
Surname: Nehemiah ben Hachaliah
Given Name: Obadiah, priest of
PEDI: foster 2 3 4 5
Change Date: 31 Mar 2014 at 01:00:00|
Father: Priests of Nehemiah ben Hachaliah
Father: Covenant Makers of Nehemiah ben Hachaliah
- Associates of Obadiah, priest of Nehemiah
- Title: Book of Nehemiah
NOW those that sealed were, Nehemiah, the Tirshatha, the son of Hachaliah, and Zidkijah,
2 Seraiah, Azariah, Jeremiah,
3 Pashur, Amariah, Malchijah,
4 Hattush, Shebaniah, Malluch,
5 Harim, Meremoth, Obadiah,
6 Daniel, Ginnethon, Baruch,
7 Meshullam, Abijah, Mijamin,
8 Maaziah, Bilgai, Shemaiah: these were the priests.
9 And the Levites: both Jeshua the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons of Henadad, Kadmiel;
10 And their brethren, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan,
11 Micha, Rehob, Hashabiah,
12 Zaccur, Sherebiah, Shebaniah,
13 Hodijah, Bani, Beninu.
14 The chief of the people; Parosh, Pahath-moab, Elam, Zatthu, Bani,
15 Bunni, Azgad, Bebai,
16 Adonijah, Bigvai, Adin,
17 Ater, Hizkijah, Azzur,
18 Hodijah, Hashum, Bezai,
19 Hariph, Anathoth, Nebai,
20 Magpiash, Meshullam, Hezir,
21 Meshezabeel, Zadok, Jaddua,
22 Pelatiah, Hanan, Anaiah,
23 Hoshea, Hananiah, Hashub,
24 Hallohesh, Pileha, Shobek,
25 Rehum, Hashabnah, Maaseiah,
26 And Ahijah, Hanan, Anan,
27 Malluch, Harim, Baanah.
28 And the rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the porters, the singers, the Nethi nims, and all they that had separated themselves from the people of the lands unto the law o f God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, every one having knowledge, and having u nderstanding;
- Title: Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
Obadiah = "servant of Jehovah"
12. a gatekeeper in the time of Nehemiah
13. one of the men who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah -- perhaps the same as 12
- Title: Nave's Topical Bible, 1962
Author: Orville Nave
11. A priest who sealed a covenant with Nehemiah to observe God's law -- Nehemiah 10:5
12. A gatekeeper of Jerusalem, under Nehemiah -- Nehemiah 12:25
- Title: Smith's Bible Dictionary
(servant of the Lord ),
8. A priest, or family of priests, who settled the covenant with Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 10:5)
- Title: International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
o-ba-di'-a (`obhadhyah, more fully `obhadhyahu, "servant of Yahweh"):
(12) One of the men who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah (Nehemiah 10:5).
(13) A gate-keeper in the days of Nehemiah (Nehemiah 12:25).
The name "Obadiah" was common in Israel from the days of David to the close of the Old Testam ent. An ancient Hebrew seal bears the inscription "Obadiah the servant of the King."