Name: (1 of 3) Hodijah (The Nehemiah Covenant Maker)
Given Name: (1 of 3)
Suffix: (The Nehemiah Covenant Maker)
Birth: ABT 0525 BC 1
PEDI: foster 2 3 4 5
Change Date: 31 Mar 2014 at 01:00:00|
Father: Exilic descendents of Levi ben Jacob
Father: Covenant Makers of Nehemiah ben Hachaliah
- Title: Book of Nehemiah
Note: Nehemiah 8:7
Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Az ariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: an d the people stood in their place.
Then stood up upon the stairs, of the Levites, Jeshua [ben Jozadak], and Bani [peer of Ezra] , Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani [ben Bani], and Chenani, and cried with a loud v oice unto the LORD their God.
Then the Levites, Jeshua [ben Jozadak], and Kadmiel, Bani [peer of Ezra], Hashabniah, Sherebi ah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever an d ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
NOW those that sealed were, Nehemiah, the Tirshatha, the son of Hachaliah, and Zidkijah,
9 And the Levites: both Jeshua the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons of Henadad, Kadmiel;
10 And their brethren, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan,
28 And the rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the porters, the singers, the Nethi nims, and all they that had separated themselves from the people of the lands unto the law o f God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, every one having knowledge, and having u nderstanding;
- Title: Nave's Topical Bible, 1962
Author: Orville Nave
Note: Hodiah -
Also called HODIJAH
2. A Levite (Nehemiah 8:7; 9:5; 10:10,13)
- Title: Holman's Bible Dictionary
(hoh di' uh) Personal name meaning, ?Yah is majestic.?
2. A Levite who helped Ezra explain the meaning of the Law to the people (Nehemiah 8:7; not e KJV spelling, Hodijah) and had a leading part in Israel's confession of sin and worship (Ne hemiah 9:5). He signed Nehemiah's covenant to obey God's law (Nehemiah 10:10).
- Title: Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
Note: Hodijah (ho-dee-yaw') = "my majesty is Jehovah"
3. a chief of the people at the same time
- Title: International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Note: HODIAH; HODIJAH
ho-di'-a, ho-di'-ja (hodhiyah, "splendor of Yah"):
(2) One of the Levites who explained to the people the Law as read by Ezra (Nehemiah 8:7) an d led their prayers (Nehemiah 9:5). He is doubtless one of the two Levites of this name who s ealed the covenant of Nehemiah (Nehemiah 10:10,13).