Name: Sidney PAUL 1
Change Date: 26 OCT 2015
Death: 1877 in Unmarried 1|
Father: James PAUL b: 1770 in Probably in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mother: Elizabeth RODMAN b: 1774
- Title: Genealogy of the Rodman Family, 1620-1886
Abbrev: Genealogy of the Rodman Family, 1620-1886
Author: Charles Henry Jones
Publication: Allen, Lane & Scott, 1886 - Barbados - 287 pages, HeritageQuest, 1886
Page: 398. ELIZABETH RODMAN (John, Thomas, John, John, John), b. 1774; d. 1835; m. 1797, at Old Swedes Church, Philadelphia, James Paul, of Philadelphia. He was b. in 1770; d. in 1839. He was a member of the firm of Watson & Paul, engaged in an extensive trade with China and the East Indies. He was originally a member of the Society of Friends, but was “disowned” in 1794 upon the occasion of his joining the militia called out to suppress the Whiskey Insurrection in Pennsylvania. By his business ability and integrity he amassed a considerable fortune, and died much respected in the year 1839.
They had the following children:--
872. Sarah Rodman Paul, d. 1869; m. Comegys Paul.
873. Sidney Paul, d. 1877; unm
874. John Rodman Paul, b. Jan. 24, 1802; d. Oct 13, 1877; m. Elizabeth Duffield Neill.
875. Susan Rodman Paul, b. Oct 26 1809; d. Aug. 31, 1836; m. G. Hampton Coursen.
876. Elizabeth Paul, b. 1808; m. Samuel Wilson, M. D.
877. Rebecca Rodman Paul, b. 1810; d. 1876; m. John Marshal Paul.
878. Thomas Paul, m. Sarah Taylor.
879. James W. Paul, m. Hannah Bunker.