Name: Martha Elisa Goodlow
Birth: 27 AUG 1817 in Maury County, Tennessee
Burial: Naples Cemetery in Morris County, Texas
Death: 8 MAY 1894 in Station Belden, Morris County, Texas
Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:13 PM
Subject: Martha Eliza Goodlow Glass
To Lewis E. Story from Charles C. Henderson, 9 Aug 2009
Lewis E. Story
At my first interview on family history with Valerie Story Gallaway i n June, 1976, I was told that her grandmother was a Goodlow and her ma iden name was Glass. I recorded the name as Martha Eliza Goodlow Glas s. The list of the William Henry Jackson Story family found in the Fa mily Bible in about 1987 said the same. So it has been that way for t he past 33 years. Since my letter and documents forwarded to you in D ecember, 2008, I began searching the surname Glass to establish a con nection by using the database of pedigrees on Rootsweb.com/Ancestry.co m.
There is no record of the Glass surname in association with the Stor y or Goodlow families or in the time and place where Martha Eliza wou ld have been conceived or born.
In the document that I sent you, Valerie stated ?I remember one Aunt M ary Jane Glass who made such good hot rolls once when she was at our h ouse?. Searching the databases, it is found that two daughters of Be nnett B. Story lived in the area of Naples. Your ID 100603 notes M ary Ann Story married Judson Henry Vaughan in 1855 in Cass County, Tex as-- (her pension papers put her in Naples for many years): and she di ed in Cass County in 1918 at age 81. The second is your ID 100605, Ma rtha Jane Story who married Robert Glaze. Then your ID 100905, Peyt on Hawes Glaze married Mary Ann Elizabeth Story in 1866 in Cass County , Texas. Finally, your ID 100532 on Bennett B. Story contains an 186 0 Census of Denton County which lists a child as Mary Jane, age 11, bo rn Texas.
I now know Valerie heard the word ?Glaze? and spelled it ?Glass? . I recommend you remove the surname Glass from your database on al l the William Henry Jackson Story family members.
Martha Eliza Goodlow married William Henry Jackson Story. Her fathe r was John Minor Goodlow and her mother was Mary Hunt Macon, born abou t 1789. John Goodlow?s will enclosed.
Father: John Minor Goodlow b: ABT 1789
Mother: Mary Hunt Macon b: ABT 1789
William Henry Jackson Story b: 17 MAR 1811 in Tennessee
25 JUL 1833
in Belden, TX
- Note: Courtesy of Tom Simpson, Sr. 10/30/2002
- Sophronia Jane Story b: 28 JUN 1834 in Tennessee
- Mary Winfred Story b: 4 MAR 1836 in Tennessee
- David Franklin Story b: 24 JUL 1837 in Tennessee
- Nancy Caroline Story b: 24 JAN 1839 in Tennessee
- William Henry Harrison Story b: 29 APR 1840 in Tennessee
- Samuel Houston Story b: 11 DEC 1844 in Tennessee
- Rufus Calvin Story b: 16 MAR 1842 in Tennessee
- Meredith Gideon Story b: 11 DEC 1847 in Texas
- Sarah Melissa Story b: 10 DEC 1849 in Texas
- John Jarrott Story b: 4 MAY 1853 in Texas
- Probert Peolia Story b: 26 DEC 1857 in Texas
- Daniel Buryman Story b: 8 JAN 1861 in Texas
- Amerial Story b: ABT 1858 in Texas