Name: Johann Georg Mergler 1
Name: Johann George Mergler 2
*** Source Maria Sperzel
NOTE from Martie Callihan: The dates do not coincide with her conclusions. Barbara Minor Mergler died in 1616, and therefore her sons could not have been born in the mid 1600"s,
researched by Maria Sperzel (grandchild of Christian Konrad and Katharina Mergler)
Ancestor of all the Merglers in Aschaffenburg, Bensheim, Gernsheim, Mainz and Sulzheim, was Hans Mergler the Younger, butcher in Rothenfels on the Main, where he lived between 1600 and 1660, he was the patriarch of the Gernsheimer, Mainzer and Aschaffenburger and/or Sulzheimer lines.
According to A. Dietz, Hans Mergler the Younger, was the son of the Hans Mergler the Elder, who was the Inspector of B?chlein in the year 1609 in Rothenfels. He was deceased at the time his son, Hans married Barbara Minor, the daughter of Hans Minor, 20 years later (so says the same source). This woman was tried and convicted as a witch on 14 Sep. 1616. This event probably caused the emigration of the 3 sons of the Hans Mergler the Younger from Rothenfels. Those 3 sons are:
1) Mergler, Johann Michael, born 1649 in Rothenfels, traveled to Gernsheim where he married Anna Marie Gastell in 1688 and became the founder of the Gernsheimer line.
2) Mergler, Simon, born in Rothenfels, emigrated from there to Mainz, and became the founder of the Mainzer line, and according to the Gernsheim baptism book, godfather of the oldest son of his brother Johann Michael Mergler. This line died out in Mannesstamm.
3) Mergler, Johann Georg, born in Rothernfels, travelled to Aschaffenburg. He was a citizen and butcher and there he married Katharina. He was the father of the Aschaffenburger line, that through his marriage had two sons Johann Peter Mergler the First and Claudius. Probably due to the settlement of his brother Johann Michael Mergler, that branch went to Gernsheim. Johann Peter Mergler the First who was born in Aschaffenburg, and married in Gernsheim, is the ancestor gentleman of the Sulzheimer line who represents consequently a relative of that out of Aschaffenburg.
Through that line the marriage in Sulzheim in Schweinfurt (Mainfrancken) on the 13 Oct. 1887 took place between the Christian Konrad Mergler and Katharina Mergler, a back connection of the Gernsheimer with the Aschaffenburger line entered.
I.) Mergler, Hans the Younger, born in Rothenfels a Main was a son of the Mergler, Hans the Elder and his wife Barbara, nee Minor. He lived in Rothenfels between 1600 and 1660 and was butcher by profession.
II.) Mergler, Johann Georg, born in Rothenfels, went to Aschaffenburg where he married Katharina.
1.) Johann Peter the First
Both above-mentioned children were married in Gernsheim. Yet further children must have been born in Aschaffenburg because the name Mergler in that city still exists today.
III.) MergIer, Johann Peter I. born in Aschaffenburg, son of the Johann George Mergler, and his wife Katharina, He was a butcher and he was married in Gernsheim on 17.1.1701 to Willm (in) Anna Maria, daughter of the Blasius Willm, citizen of Gernsheim and his wife Katharina.
1.) Johann Peter II, born 1. 6.1703
2.) Katharina born 18.4.1706
3) Maria Katharina born 28. 3.1707
4.) Anna Maria born 3 1.1710
5.) Anna Margareta born 14.3.1713
6.) Johann Mathaeus born 29. 5.1718
- Claudius Mergler b: in Aschaffenburg, Hesse, Germany
- Johann Peter Mergler b: ABT 1672 in Aschaffenberg, Bavaria, Germany
- Author: Hans Herbert Hertling
Title: Familienbuch der Stadt Gernsheim 1625-1875
Publication: Name: 1995;
Source Medium: Book
This book is a verified transcript of Church records in Gernsheim, Kreis Gross-Gerau, Germany
Page: pg 652 family M0262
- Title: Katholische Kirche Gernsheim Parish - Microfilm #948722
Publication: Name: Taufen, Heiraten 1652-1723 Taufen 1724-1806;
Name: LDS Microfilm 948722
Source Medium: Microfilm
Page: p 48 Marriage Records 1704 of son Claudius
Text: [Julius] 28 Claudius Mergler Lanio Schaffenburgenis Joannis George Mergler Lanions et civis huiatus et Catharina p. m. conj filius cum ... Anna Maria Waltheuserin D'no Walthheusers p. m. ... Colonelli sub regimine Reiffenberg et filia testes ...