Name: Mary Anna Christ 1 2
Birth: 18 MAR 1849 in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio (Reading Ohio) 3 4 2 5
Burial: 17 OCT 1928 Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio - Calvary Cemetery 4 5
Death: 14 OCT 1928 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio 3 4 2 5
_DCAUSE: Chronic Myocarditis - Cardio Vascular Disease
According to her husband's will, she had $150 dollars when she married him.
October 15, 1928 Dayton Daily News Obituary
Mrs Mary Wentz Dies at Residence
Couple Celebrated Sixtieth Wedding Anniversary on October 6
Mrs Mary Wentz, 80, who, with her husband, Egidius Wenz, celebrated her sixtieth wedding anniversary on October 6, died at 7 o'clock Sunday night at her residence, 403 South Perry street, where she had resided for 53 years.
Surviving her are her husband, seven children, Mrs. Frank C. Bucher, Mrs. Lawrence Deis, Louis J. Wenz, Mrs. Daniel B. Trick, Edward A. Wenz, and Mrs. Charles N. Amann, all of Dayton, and Joseph M. Wenz of Butte, Mont; 28 grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, and three sisters, Mrs. Will Wollaston, Mrs. Dena Vaughan and Mrs. Edward Kelly.
Mr. and Mrs. Wenz were married at Emanuel's Church, where services for her will be conducted at 8:30 o'clock Wednesday morning with services at the residence at 8 o'clock. Interment will be in Calvary cemetery.
Mrs. Wenz was a member of the Catholic Ladies of Columbia and St. Clara Altar society.
*** Source Ohio Deaths 1908-1953
Name Mary Wenz
Death Date 14 Oct 1928
Death Place Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Estimated Birth Year 1849
Death Age 79 years 6 months 2... days
Marital Status Married
Spouse's Name Egidius Wenz
Father's Name John Christ
Film Number 1991604
Digital GS Number 4022211
Image Number 11
Certificate Number fn 62704
She was 79 years, 6 months and 25 days at the time of her death at 7 PM on October 14, 1928 of chronic myocarditis and cardio vascular disease. She was living at 403 South Perry Street at the time.
She is buried with her husband and 3 of their children at Calvary Cemetery Section 13 - Lot 333 in Dayton, Ohio.
Father: John (Johann) Christ b: 11 DEC 1820 in Niedernberg, Bavaria, Germany
Mother: Elizabeth Walter b: 04 AUG 1825 in Niedernberg, Bavaria, Germany
Egidius Wenz b: 05 JUL 1842 in Gernsheim, Hesse Darmstadt, Germany
06 OCT 1868
in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio - Emmanuel Catholic Church 1 2
- John Egidius Wenz b: 11 JUL 1869 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Catherine (Katie) Marie Wenz b: 14 OCT 1870 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Joseph Martin Wenz b: 08 JAN 1873 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Mary Barbara Wenz b: 23 JUL 1875 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Louis John Wenz b: 30 OCT 1877 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Elizabeth (Lizzie) Caroline Wenz b: 16 NOV 1880 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Rose Wenz b: 12 DEC 1882 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Edward Andrew Wenz b: 16 APR 1883 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Caroline (Carrie) Isabel Wenz b: 20 JAN 1886 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Walter William Wenz b: 25 OCT 1888 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Irene Margaret Wenz b: 12 JUL 1891 in Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
- Title: Emmanuel Catholic Church Matrimonial Records - Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Source Medium: Church Record
Emmanuel Catholic Church Matrimonial Records - Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Emmanuel Catholic Church
149 Franklin Street
Dayton, OH 45402
- Title: Goffine's Instructions - "Book with Names"
Source Medium: Book
The publication itself is insignificant. It was referred to by Loretta, Florence & Irene Bucher as the "Book with Names". It is like a family bible in some respects and contains Family records of the Wenz Family. Also inside it were papers containing Family records of the Christ and Walter History. I believe that most of these papers were written by Mary Anna (Christ) Wenz and updated by her daughter, Katie Wenz Bucher.
- Title: Headstone: Calvary Cemetery, Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Source Medium: Tombstone
Headstone: Calvary Cemetery, Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Text: Only the year is on the headstone.
- Title: Calvary Cemetery Records - Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
Source Medium: Other
Calvary Cemetery Records - Dayton, Montgomery, Ohio
1625 Calvary Drive
Dayton, OH 45409
- Title: Death Certificate
Source Medium: Civil Registry
Page: Ohio Death Certificates - 1928 #62704