Name: William Thomas Lilley
Given Name: William Thomas
Birth: 1767 in Mass. Or Maryland 1
Death: 1820 in The (Buhler's) Plains, Zachary, La. 1
Burial: Young Family Cemetery; The Plains, Zachary. La. 1 1
Occupation: Sheriff Of Ebr Parish, La., Merchant, Plt. Owner/Springfield 1
Religion: Presbyterian 1
Change Date: 13 Jul 2008
FILE: Thomas Lilley-Behrnes Home - E Irene Rd.bmp
Very wealthy people, present " Wilderness " plt. in Zachary was a gift to Thomas and Eunice, and much more.
1. Thomas William Lilley (d. 1820) was an early planter and store owner in the Plains region of Louisiana. He founded and operated Springfield Plantation which was situated north of Baton Rouge. Lilley was active in the Rebellion of West Florida and was sheriff of East Baton Rouge Parish in the early 1800s. He was a co-founder of the West Florida Republic, which lasted some months before becoming added to the USA. It's first Congress was in, what is now the City of Zachary, LA., at his home. It emcompassed the Florida Parishes and all lands to the Florida panhandle. The Bonnie Blue Flag was it's flag, which was the precursor to the Flag of Texas and the Confederate States of America, in honor of the lost West Florida Republic.
2. He married Eunice Smith of Natchez, and they had eight children: Edith Lilley (d. 1838), married three times to John Stirling, Jr. (1799-1825), John Hampton, and Samuel Gwin (d. 1838); Ann M. Lilley (1792-ca. 1870), married to George F. Behrns; George P. Lilley (1794-1846), married to Eunice Young; Elizabeth Lilley (ca. 1800-1821), married to Alexander A. White; Mary Lilley, married to John H. Mills; Thomas Wright Lilley (1802-1882), married to Elizabeth "Betsy" Young (1804-1882); Eunice Lilley (1804-1870), married to John Mills (1797-1839); and Samuel S. Lilley (1810-1870), married to Eliza.
--------- ------------ ---------------- ----------------- ------------------- ---------------------
Father: John Lilley b: in Mass. Or Maryland
Mother: Anna Lilley
Eunice Smith b: 11 Jun 1769 in Granville, Mass.
in Baton Rouge, Louisiana 1
- Change Date:
14 Aug 2010
- Elizabeth Lydia Lilley b: 1790
- Anna Maria Lilley b: 12 Jan 1792 in Louisiana
- George P. Lilley b: 1794 in The (Buhler's) Plains, Zachary, Louisiana
- Mary Lilley b: 1798
- Edith Lilley b: 22 Aug 1800 in The (Buhler's) Plains; Now City Of Zachary, Ebr Parish, La.
- Thomas Wright Lilley b: 28 Aug 1802 in The (Buhler's) Plains, Zachary, Louisiana
- Eunice Lilley b: 28 Sep 1804 in Buhler's Plains, Louisiana
- Samuel S. Lilley b: 1810
- Abbrev: The Pettypooletree ged file, started in 1999 from J Poole's research in 1986.
Title: (The Pettypoole Tree GEDCOM file was submitted by J H Poole, Jr.; email@example.com.) This is an internet Ged file of the compliled genealogical research of John h. Poole, Jr., started in 1986. It was gathered from many individual family informants: such Margaret Mills McGehee, Mabel McGehee Lillie, Marie Parent Poole, Theodora Poole Rogers, Margaret Ann McGehee Samuel, Rev. Pool, Virginia Lobdell Jennings, Margaret Brokaw, Hughrene McCrainie, Judith Williams Coates, Mr. & Mrs. Lamar "Ollie" Poole, Gilbert Mills, Mr. & Mrs. Keller McKowen, Dolph McKowen, Inez Hatley Hughes, Polly Poole Craig, Liz Poole Miesch and many other internet databases. To them all, I deeply owe them my thanks.