Name: Samuel Swearingen
Given Name: Samuel
Birth: 1740 in Rock Creek, Montgomery Co., Maryland
Death: 1820 in North Kendall, Hanover Township, Beaver Co., Penn.
Change Date: 23 Oct 2012 at 15:37
Samuel Swearingen, son of John
Samuel Swearingen was born in Montgomery County, Maryland, in 1740, and married Catharine Condell shortly after the close of the Revolutionary war. He settled on Mingo Creek, a smal tributary to the Monongahela River, where he lived but a short time, and then removed to King's Creek in what is now Hanover townsip, Beaver County, Pennsylvania - about four miles from Frankfort Springs. His house was a stopping place for the Indian scouts. Captain Sam Brady, Lewis Wetzel, the Poes, and others often stopped there. The farm that he settled on still belongs to his descendants. (1884)
Issue William, Mary, John Van, Thomas, Samuel, Bazil, and Zechariah.
came to Beaver County, PA in 1779 according to History of Beaver County, Pennsylvania. (Philadelphia: A. Warner & Co; 1888), p. 895.
Ancestral File Number: 25LW-VG
Father: John Van Swearingen b: 1696 in St Mary's, St Mary's Co., Md
Mother: Mary Ray b: 1698 in Prince George Co., Md
Catherine Condell b: 1744
- Change Date:
13 Oct 2012
- William Swearingen b: 30 Oct 1766 in Montgomery Co., MD
- John Van Swearingen b: 10 Jan 1772 in Bladensburg, Md
- Thomas Van Swearingen b: Aug 1774 in Maryland
- Samuel Swearingen b: 1777 in Beaver Co., Pa.
- Mary Swearingen b: 1779 in Beaver Co., Pa.
- Van Swearingen b: 1781 in Beaver Co., Pa.
- Basil Swearingen b: 1782
- Zechariah Swearingen b: 1786 in Hanover Township, Beaver Co., Pennsylvania