Name: Moses L. Blackshear
Given Name: Moses L.
Birth: Abt 1761 in Jones, NC
Death: 27 Sep 1822 in Twiggs Co, GA
Change Date: 13 Jan 2012 at 13:46
1. Lived in Jones Co., N. C., and Twiggs Co., Ga. (Married and moved to Twiggs Co., GaJ)
2. 1782 Marriage Bonds Duplin Co., N. C., in Archives at Raleigh, Moses Blackshear, 15 Dec., 1782, and Elizabeth Davis. Bondsman Abraham Bailey.Witness W. Dickson C.C. Family tradition gives the name as Dawson.
1788-13, June, entered Claim for 50 Acres on the south side of Trent River, Jones Co., N. C. Cit. Land Grant Office Raleigh, Book 76 p. 7
1790-16, Nov., Granted as above Cit. Book 76. p. 7. Listed in Federal Census.
1794-6, Dec., Received Grant of 50 Acres on south side of Trent River Jones Co., N. C. Cit. Book 86, p. 122.
1796-9, Jan., Moses and Elisha made Deed to James Goodman, total 144 Acres in Jones Co., N. C. Consideration 125 pounds current money.
1798 Drew 125 Acres in Washington Co., Ga., in the Ga. lottery of 1798.
1806 Drew more in the same County in Lottery of 1806, while living there.
1808 Mentioned in the will of his Father.
1818 On Tax List in Twiggs Co., Ga.
Father: Elisha Stout Blackshear b: 1736 in Kent Co., DE
Mother: Susannah Ward b: 1738
15 Dec 1782
- Change Date:
12 Jan 2012
- Isaac Blackshear b: Abt 1783
- Elizabeth Blackshear b: 24 Aug 1788
- Randall Blackshear b: 25 Dec 1789 in Jones, NC
- William Blackshear b: 4 May 1794 in Twiggs, GA
- Mary Blackshear b: 7 Jul 1799
- Joseph Blackshear b: 25 Oct 1801 in Washington, GA.
- Susannah Blackshear