Name: Mary Bower
Given Name: Mary
Birth: ABT 1702 in S.C.
Death: 26 May 1766 in Savannah, Chatham Co., Ga
Burial: Colonial Burial Ground, Savannah, Chatham Co., Ga
! (1) "Some South Carolina Families," by Joseph L. Rivers (Self-pub., Charleston, SC, 2005). Charleston, SC Public Library. Cites: (a) The South Carolina File, genealogical research by Mabel Webber, Myrta Hutabel FitzSimons, Langdon Cheves et al. SC Historical Soc. Library file 30-4. (b) Motte Alston Read Collection. SC Historical Soc. file 12/281, Branford & Bower families. (c) "South Carolina Marriages," by Barbara R. Langdon, implied from law, equity, Secretary of the Province, and miscellaneous records, etc. (d) Records of the Barnwell family. (e) Bk 1747-1752, p.422. (f) Register of Mesne Conveyance, Bk FF, p.60.
Change Date: 15 Sep 2012 at 01:00:00
! Birth: (1) d/o William BOWER/Martha HEXT. ca. 1702.
Marriage to John WILLIAMSON III: (1c) By 1721.
Marriage to Joseph BRYAN: (1)
Death: (1) 26 May 1766.
Burial: (1) Colonial Burial Ground, Savannah, GA.
(1) 1720/1, 30 Jan: John WILLIAMSON, for love of my wife, Mary BOWER, daughter of Martha BOWER of Edisto... a gift of slaves. Bond of John WILLIAMSON to Hugh HEXT, Martha BOWER, and Paul HAMILTON to keep covenant of said gift.
(1f) 1745, 17 May: Hugh BRYAN and Mary his wife deed to Mary BRYAN, widow, mother of Ann BRYAN, and infant daughter of Joseph BRYAN, late of this Province, brother of said Hugh BRYAN, 500 acres, part of 3140 acres granted to Joseph and Hugh BRYAN.
(1c) 1747, 3 Oct: Martha BEE of James Island, widow, made her will. Named daughter Mary BRIAN.
(1) 1766, 14 May: Mary BRYAN of Savannah made her will. Named daughters Mary BRYAN, wife of Jonathan BRYAN; Elizabeth SMITH, wife of John SMITH; Ann CUTHBERT, wife of Dr. James CUTHBERT. Named sons John WILLIAMSON (deceased), William Bower WILLIAMSON (deceased); grandchildren, children of John WILLIAMSON, children of William Bower WILLIAMSON, children of Elizabeth SMITH; grandsons William Henry WILLIAMSON, Isaac HAYNE; granddaughters Mary WILLIAMSON, Mary wife of Dr. PILLANT; sons-in-law John SMITH, Jonathan BRYAN. Jonathan BRYAN in debt to me a considerable sum, to be paid to executors for use of Mary BRYAN. Executors, John SMITH, daughter-in-law Magdalen WILLIAMSON, and Mr. Joseph CLAY.
(1) 1766, 26 Jun: Will proved.
John Williamson b: ABT 1694/1696
- Mary Williamson b: ABT 1721 in S.C.
- Sarah Williamson b: ABT 1723 in S.C.
- William Bower Williamson b: ABT 1725/1728
- Martha Williamson b: 19 Jan 1725 in S.C.
- Elizabeth Williamson b: ABT 1730 in S.C.
- John Williamson b: ABT 1732