Name: Bryan More O'DONNELL
Birth: 1 JAN 1796 in Co Donegal, Ireland
Death: 29 JUN 1877 in Arthur Twp, Wellington Co, Ontario of old age. (81 yrs 5 months)
Burial: Kenilworth Pioneer RC Cemetery
Reference Number: 944
Medical Information: Dr Wallace was the attending physician
"Around the 1840's Bryan O'Donnell owned 50 acres of land which was the south half of Lot 15, West of the Owen Sound Road. He donated approximately two acres of land for a church and cemetery. A log church was built here by Bryan O'Donnell and his sons along with other volunteers. The log church was still incomplete when Father John Cullen said the first mass in it in 1851. The door had not been cut so the congregation entered by way of a window." [A History of the Catholic Community of Kenilworth, Ontario from the 1830's to 1993, page 63]
Farmed at lot 16, W.O.S.R., Arthur Twp.
Some sources show name as "Bryan More O'Donnell"
Bridget DOHERTY b: MAR 1803 in Co Donegal, Ireland
- Corneilus J O'DONNELL b: 13 JAN 1826 in Co Donegal, Ireland
- Bernard Oge O'DONNELL b: 24 MAY 1835 in Ireland
- John O'DONNELL b: MAR 1839 in Markham Twp, York Co, Ontario
- Mary Ann O'DONNELL b: 22 MAY 1841 in Arthur Twp, Wellington Co, Ontario
- James O'DONNELL b: OCT 1843 in Canada