Name: William Leroy Shamblee 1
Birth: 10 DEC 1840 in Hoschton, Jackson, Georgia, USA
Burial: MAY 1915 Booneville, Logan, Arkansas, USA
Reference Number: 14476
Death: 02 MAY 1915 in Booneville, Logan, Arkansas, USA
Burial: Oak Hill Memorial Park Cemetery
William Leroy Chamblee was the son of George Washington Chamblee and George's third wife, Nancy Kimbro.
Note: A school teacher told William Leroy Chamblee that he should spell his name with an "S" instead of the "C," thus the change in spelling became Shamblee.
On 13 MAY 1862, in Gwinett County, Georgia, William Leroy Shamblee volunteered for service in the Confederate States of America as a private in Company K, 36th Regiment, Georgia Infantry. He was discharged in Walker County, Georgia. He was known afterward as Captain William Leroy Shamblee.
Father: George Washington Chamblee
Mother: Nancy Kimbro
Elizabeth Carroll b: SEP 1840
- Jacqueline Shamblee
- Washington Felix Shamblee
- Georgia Ann Shamblee b: 12 FEB 1866 in Jackson, Georgia, USA
- Nancy Elizabeth Shamblee b: MAR 1871 in Booneville, Logan, Arkansas, USA
- Sena Mutelle Shamblee b: 06 DEC 1876 in Booneville, Logan, Arkansas, USA
- William Thomas Shamblee b: 05 NOV 1879 in Booneville, Logan, Arkansas, USA
- Author: findagrave.com
Title: Find A Grave
Source Medium: Electronic
Photo of head stones and Cemeterys.